1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it! Oh god what did I do :s

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Matt8g, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Matt8g

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just told my mom and older brother and I am so excited that I made an account here (I was a lurker) just to post this. Hold on dance break (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)
    (My god I'm excited)

It went amazingly. I first texted my mom that I had to tell her something that I've wanted to tell her for years, and then texted that I was gay. Soon after she called and we had a great conversation and she was very supportive. She did however warn me of a few relatives that may not be so receptive should they find out, one of them being my grandmother whom I completely rely on for housing atm. :help:

Afterwards I called my older brother who means the world to me. My mom was just warm up for this conversation. At first I was just trying to get him ready for the impending bombshell, which was a terrible idea because delaying just made my chest grow ever heavier and my nerves shakier. Once I finally said the magic g word a shock of adrenaline shot through me and I couldn't hear his reply because of it. :eek: (did I just do that?!)

But it was all good and he was really supportive, too, though the following conversation was very awkward. I somehow lost my ability to form coherent sentences and he was just a bit shocked himself. Lots of stuttering and malformed sentences.

I'm glad I finally got that off my chest after years of holding it in. Next step is to tell my father and grandma!

2. DeanIsHome

Congratulations :eusa_clap :eusa_clap That was brave to tell them both on the same day, on the other hand welcome to EC :smilewave

3. Batman is swag

Congrats!!!!! (!)(!)(!)(!)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*) I'm proud of you! =)

4. Matt8g

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks!!! :icon_bigg

Today I also told my mom to tell my dad, and came out to a cousin of mine. Right now I'm only telling people who I know will be supportive. I still have to tell my grandma, and she's the kind of person that will support something up until it's in her face, then her true feelings emerge.

Wish me luck, I'll be telling her this weekend maybe. ^^

5. Amerigo

yay! happy for you! best of luck!