1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Me. :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by LOVEjames, Apr 29, 2008.

1. LOVEjames

So... my coming out story isn't all that exciting, but it isn't in it's completion yet either. But here's what's going on so far. I've known I was gay since I was about 8 or so. I saw some weird college movie one weekend when I was with my father, and a bunch of frat guys mooned another fraternity, and I remember thinking, "God those asses are nice." - I mean, I'm sure it wasn't necessarily in those terms, but it was something like that. After that nothing really happened for a few years, but when I turned 12 I joined an online forum and the more interaction I had the more I needed to really talk about it. I mean, I completely hinted about it sometimes. I actually first came out when I was 14 for the first time to two friends in a pretty much simultaneous way. It was the day that I started High School. It was Orientation. And my local high school [which I no longer go to, in fact, I dropped out of that school about a week after Orientation], we had a huge assembly for the Freshman and we did a sort of Simon says type thing. It was like, "Simon says... turn to your left and rub the back of the person in front of you. Simon says... turn to the right and do the exact same thing to that person." - And this is pretty much how I came out to my two best friends.

"So Orientation today was like, insanely nerdy. They talked about all the normal stuff and whatever, like rules and all that type of stuff. And then we split up into groups to get to know eachother and everything, and then guess what. We did Simon Says. SERIOUSLY! Haha. Anyways, I had to like, give out backrubs as a way of getting to know people. And the girl that I gave a backrub to was insanely hot. She was like a cheerleader or something, but the guy I gave a backrup to and gave me a backrup was like... gorgeous, too. But yeah, it was pretty fun. And then we went outside and talked because we still had a couple more hours since Orientation is more like a half-day and everything."

BECAUSE I'M SO NONCHALANT ABOUT IT, I KNOW. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways, after that, they got that I was bi. Or at least, I came out as bi. I knew I was gay, but I was just testing the waters. I think that very same day, I'm not really sure. I told them that I was gay. And they were incredibly supportive. Since then I've just been out. Like, when I join a new forum or something, I'm just 'the gay guy' - like. I'm the school's resident homo, all that good stuff. It's not really a coming out. I'm just like, there. I still haven't told my parents, but I'm pretty sure that my mother knows because she always says, "When you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend or whatever..." - and she didn't really used to do that. I don't have a good relationship with my mother for the most part, and I live with my grandparents, but they don't know either. I mean, my grandmother might, but I don't think that she really says anything about it or really cares. She's sort of old school, but she's pretty open to things. I've been debating for like the longest time whether or not I should tell her or not, because it might break her heart, or she could just not care. I pretty much refuse to tell my mother because I don't think that she deserves to know. Her and I have been through a lot of shit, and none of it is positive in the least, so who is she to get to know such a personal part of my life? I might tell other parts of my family, and she might find out. But I don't think that I will ever go up to her and say, "Mom. I'm gay." - it just doesn't seem right to me.

2. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Hey, congratulations on being so out!! And what a funny initial coming-out story (the novel ones are always really interesting!). And I think you have it right - come out STRAIGHT AWAY, so that it's not really a coming-out at all, and then you don't have to worry about it, or worry about people finding out, and you get to find out who your friends are from day 1, and you nobody ever feels you've lied to them! Congrats! And I wish I had your confidence!!

It sounds like your mum knows, or wouldn't care; but it's your prerogative as to whether you want to come out to her or not. As to your grandmother, I'm sure you'll figure that out too :slight_smile:

3. Urman

Urman Guest

congrats and very intreasting/new

4. Jim1454

Cool story! Good for you! It's great that you have as much insight into yourself as you do, and enough confidence to be open about it. Congrats - and it's great you're here to share with others. Thanks.

5. Louise

Great coming out story, as for your grandma, if you are up for it I would tell her, she might already know seeing as you are so open about it. If she is 'old school' she won't bring it up herself but that doesn't mean she doesn't care.

When you say 'won't care' do you mean won't mind or couldn't care less what you do with your life? If you get on well with your grandma she will probably take it as an honour that you tell her before she finds out from some random person. I doubt you will break her heart if she is tough enough to raise a teenage boy she is tough enough to hear what you have to say... don't underestilmate her. :thumbsup:

6. InaRut

Wow. Easy as that eh?

Hahah and what do you mean non-exciting. I found it quite entertaining. :slight_smile: good work bud!

7. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Yay congrats

8. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Great story and congrats.

9. total mo

total mo Guest

Good for you, and congrats!

10. Nicvcer

Nicvcer Guest

Awesome story, grats!

11. Grof142007

Good luck with coming out to your family Meh i was like that with my dad but our situations are differnt of course