1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News “Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of control

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://www.salon.com/2013/07/07/“wh...a_book_the_new_warrior_cop_is_out_of_control/

2. Tim

Tim

Re: “Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of contr

This is why I refuse to trust cops. >_>

Nothing against people who are cops, but in general, I just don't trust them.

3. Ticklish Fish

Re: “Why did you shoot me? I was reading a book”: The new warrior cop is out of contr

as usual, I jump straight to comments.

-50 points in humanity (from both article and comments)

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

In my opinion, cops found guilty of violent crimes need to be punished twice as much as a civilian would for the same crime. Double every fine, every prison term, and upgrade all life sentences to death sentences. I'm absolutely sick of the way cops are being given the benefit of the doubt for stuff. They are placed in a special position of trust in the community, and when they violate it, they are not committing a crime just against the person, but against the community as a whole.

5. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

^This exactly. The police a pampered because they're "trustworthy." You know what happened in my community this week? Three cops were arrested for plotting to kill a large number of other officers. Why do we trust these people with our safety if they are going to do things like this? I mean I know not all cops are bad but... there seem to be a lot of them that are. :confused:

6. ANightDude

To be honest - this article isn't even worth it because it just scream bias to me. Bias, bias, bias. The people writing it probably don't trust the cops and never did before such a thing took place, and now they have more of a reason to.

Not that the cops weren't in the wrong - I just want a more balanced and fair view point.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Is it me, or does it seem like after Boston, people are just looking for an excuse to arrest someone? Seriously, if I'm going to be living in this country for the majority of my life, I might as well move somewhere like Canada. Toronto has a good number of film studios.

8. Hexagon

*speechless*
    *anger rising* (more)

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Ooh, look! Hexagon's hair is turning yellow and his eyes are starting to turn turquoise!

10. Aldrick

So basically, the pig set him up. Can anyone say E-N-T-R-A-P-M-E-N-T? I mean, come on! This is a clear case of entrapment, and shit started to go wrong here - long before the guy got shot.

Ugh, so :***: PISSED! Did anyone even get fired? :tantrum: :angry: :angry:

11. The username

This was in 2006, before the Boston Bombing.

I am with ANightDude in that this article is terribly biased. It is one sided and I have not hear what the police have had to say. However, it is Fairfax police and they need something to occupy them. I got arrested by them (stupidest reason ever), but the charges were dropped because they later admitted that they had overreacted.

Some officers feel too entitled and abuse their power, something needs to be done about that.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Hehe... whoops. Didn't see the dates. Still, it seems to me like it's a pattern that people are more willing to point fingers since Boston.

13. FreeFlow9917

Oh shit we're going dragonball z here.

But it's not just boston, it's insecurity of other people taking over, and they should have power but choose not to use it. "With great power comes great RESPONSIBILITY!!!!" It's from Spider-man, and that's what the cops need to do, control the amount of power they have, because it can corrupt their vision.

As for the dogs, no legitamate reason just a shoot a dog for barking, or on a leash for that matter.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm disgusted...