1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Colorado Counties Want To Form 51st State To Avoid Environmental Protections

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jul 11, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That... There are absolutely no words to describe the stupidity. I really thought nothing that the world did would surprise me anymore but I was wrong. That's just... Wow.

3. Minx

:eusa_eh: I think I've said this before. Colorado is truly beautiful... if only the people were gone. :dry:

*sighs* ._.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One wonders if it's possible to think of more idiotic ways to waste time and money, aside from smoking crack. This stands a 0% chance of happening, at best.

Washington, DC has a much greater population than these counties combined, and has no US house or senate representation, despite trying for years. I've always liked the DC license plates' logo: 'Taxation Without Representation'.

5. Aldrick

I wish them luck. If that's what their citizens want, then let them fight for it. I don't believe it has a snowballs chance in hell, but more power to them if they want to make the attempt. State borders are artificial after all, and if they don't feel their needs are being met by the state - then by all means...

However, it seems that this is a small vocal minority and the majority of the people in those counties do not want to be part of a 51st state, and thus their efforts would likely fail with the voters before it even became an issue for the state legislature.

6. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've seen this in the local news before... in addition to the oil/gas regulations, they also included the new gun laws passed this year,, and the approval of civil unions.

7. ANightDude

Sounds like pure and utter fantasy. Congress wouldn't even approve it anyway.

8. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

Nah it's not gonna happen

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't going to happen, but I could definitely see Puerto Rico being a state in the near future, if democrats take over the house and keep the senate in 2014.