1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Once anti-gay, Tim Hardaway first to sign Florida gay marriage petition

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ouji, Jul 14, 2013.

1. ouji

ouji Guest

Once anti-gay, Tim Hardaway first to sign Florida gay marriage petition - Outsports
    Former NBA player Tim Hardaway continues to show the power of redemption. The man who in 2007 famously said "I hate gay people" last week was the first person to sign a petition for a ballot initiative to allow same-sex marriage in Florida.

"If you're married you're married - you should see your significant other in the hospital, make choices for your significant other if you need to make those choices," Hardaway said Wednesday night as he showed his support for the effort that would legalize gay marriage in Florida, according to Channel 6 in Miami.

Hardway has been making amends for the past six years since his anti-gay comments in the wake of John Amaechi coming out. He said his gay cousins and relatives sat down with him and had heartfelt talks. After his remarks caused a furor, "Hardaway took classes at YES Institute, a South Miami-based suicide prevention group that focuses on LGBT youth. He raised money four years ago in South Beach for The Trevor Project, a national suicide hotline for gay youth." Two years ago, Hardaway went to El Paso, Texas, to help local politicians threatened with recall after supporting domestic partner benefits. The man has truly changed.
    This story made me happy♥ People do change =)

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad to see he changed.