1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Whose at War and will be at War?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Yohoshi2013, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well last time I saw this was the bit about North Korea puffing it's chest but idle threats really. Then there's something about China & Japan fueding Chinese and Japanese ships cluster around disputed islands - CNN.com and I think really this is just a stem from pent-up grudges from WWII and prior. I mean historically, Japan has always tried and succeeded at lording over China, till China got the proper firepower to beat back the Japanese. Ever since then these two nations have been at it like Sidious and Yoda. I wonder if they'll ever come to peace, like UK and France in recent years.

What I'm wondering is what nations are gearing up for a war, not just with the USA but anyone.

And we're still in Afghanistan, lord help us.

2. Well, I doubt the situation between China and Japan will get violent any time soon. Despite the bluster, neither side wants to handle this violently. Too much bad press, too many economic ripples, and not enough guarantee of victory. A fight over this would likely been a limited war with what assets were in the immediate area, and a settlement would follow the first couple battles quickly. This is because Japan is too economically tied to China, and China is afraid of economic backlash and international pressure. Plus, China's navy can't project enough power far enough to threaten the Japanese mainland, and Japan's ground forces can't take a lengthy fight. Whoever won the first couple skirmishes would keep the islands. In such a limited war, China's numbers would not come into play, and either side may emerge the victor. Also, America is solidly behind Japan, and China will not militarily confront America over anything short of a direct attack, posturing be damned. America is far to economically critical to China to shoot at.

North Korea is impossible to predict. If they were to choose war, they could do a lot of damage to Seoul and drop a nuke or two, but they would inevitably be defeated. America WILL fight if North Korea starts shooting, and even in the highly unlikely event she didn't, South Korea would be able to handle North Korea alone, though with heavy casualties and a lengthy conflict.

What worries me is the Middle East. It's generally unstable enough as it is, but with the US getting ready to leave Afghanistan next year, the regime changes of the Arab Spring, and the civil war in Syria, everything is uncertain. In a region like this, that can't be good. I get the feeling something drastic will go down, but I have no idea what, or if it will be good, bad, or somewhere in between.

3. Ridiculous

Russia vs the West probably within the next 20 years if they keep going in the same direction, unless their current government is flushed out (though they've managed to play musical chairs with the same group for the last 15 or so...)

4. Tim

Tim

At the rate it's going, it'll be Russia vs the rest of the United Nations, lol.

Same with North Korea.

5. Amerigo

africa, the continent that goes unreported

6. Harve

Sorry what? Which direction do you mean?

7. redskins20

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There are several places currently not doing too well, the United States included. There have been three 'fights' between China and Japan over those islands, most recently a few years ago. I actually disagree, and feel that the arguments might lead to something more severe. I mean, yes, China is the economic powerhouse of the world, but Japan is doing very well itself. Have you ever heard of the companies Honda, Toyota, or Yamaha? And if something were to break out between the two countries, the US is OBLIGATED to step in, since after WWII, Japan is not allowed to have a powerful military, and instead has complete military support from the United States. So we (assuming you're an American) are involved.
    But quite honestly, too much is going on elsewhere for this to be the 'spark' that lights the possible fire of the Third World War. I mean, Egypt has expelled the Muslim Brotherhood and Morsi from its government, which is good, but there is no telling what exactly will happen between the military leaders (good guys) and extremists (bad guys). And Europe is in complete and utter chaos. Several countries are bankrupt, Greece and Spain to name a few. The only country doing particularly well is Germany, irony aside. I leave out Switzerland purposely, because they tend to stay neutral when it comes to large wars, and that likely isn't going to change.
    Anyways, the thing between China and Japan could lead to something significant, but not likely anytime soon. I think if something is going to break out, in my opinion, it will start in Europe again. There seems to be a very distinct pattern for World Wars in Europe, especially when the continent is in economic distress.

8. Salazar

I would disagree. Russia have far too much power over western Europe in terms of gas supply for us to go to war with them, though the advent of shale gas may change this.

I foresee a war between Iran and the west, probably initiated by Israel, in the near future.

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2013 at 05:00 AM ----------

He means the Russian government being bum holes, to put it politely.

9. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Am I the only one really worried about Greece? That place is giving off major nazi vibes recently.

10. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    And Germany is just silent as the grave? :confused: (bad joke)

Since when has Greece been a center of Nazism?

As for Nazism on the whole, I'd fret not over it. They want a war, I'll be the first on the front lines against them.

11. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look up the Golden Dawn party and "Operation Zeus". LGBT folk over there are in for a rough time.

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently a political party in Greece is verging on extremist, with racial superiority-type ideas and would prefer to "cleanse" their country.

13. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well not to sound like a Nazi or an extremist, but I have some groups in mind I'd like to 'cleanse' out of this entire world. Of course the US would have my ass buried 1,000 feet under. Or just blown up, either or.

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2013 at 10:52 AM ----------

They need to evac post haste.

14. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    lets be real:
    This entire planet is just brimming with conflict. If Anyone 2 countries start fighting, America will go in to, just to be nosy and to be 'heroic'. Africa and Middle East I can see many wars coming. The Middle East has ALWAYS been basically a war-zones, rarely do they have peace. Africa is basically a giant corrupt continent, so civil Wars abound. I could see Russia getting into a war soon. Greece will probably follow Old Germany, and try to conquer the world to 'purify' it.

15. Ticklish Fish

I remember reading an article that says something like, after WWII, USA (or the west) just drew the sea line of japan and china and now it causes chaos...

IDK if that is even historically accurate. but sometimes, people need to stay out of other countries' politics

16. Yohoshi2013

Yohoshi2013 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If Hitler failed to do it, along with every major world conquerer before him, what makes Greece think they even stand a remote chance of succeeding? The only way they or any nation could pull that off is to corrupt the US and all her allies into the Nazi Doctrine and use those nations to forward the war. With our navy alone, I'd see a Nazi ridden world easily. Now this brings up a question: If Greece wants to honor the fallen Fuhrer of Germany, I wonder if Japan wants in on this. Then again the knuckle heads broke from Germany in WWII and had to face the wrath of the US alone, but that's what they get for getting too big for their boots.

Ideally, if there must be a WWIII, I want it to be strictly between the US and Russia, no allies involved. The Cold War was a very close call, so that'd be one helluva war to see. As I live in the US, however, I'll probably end up blasted to kindom cum. No, I want China to duke it out with Japan, but I want the US to grant Japan permission to build their own navy. I hate that Japan was put on such a big lockdown after WWII, I mean it's not like in modern times they could hurt anyone, let alone us. Oh ignore me, I'm just sad about the loss of the Yamato and Musashi. ;__; God they were beautiful warships....never even got to show their stuff.....CURSE YOU USA!!!!

17. Ridiculous

Every day their government seems to be getting more oppressive towards their citizens. Now obviously this alone isn't enough to incite war from other countries (civil war maybe) but it's a good indicator that something is pretty fucked up over there. The fact that Western countries don't have very good relationships with Russia in the first place doesn't help.

#17 Ridiculous, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013