1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Cheerios commercial controversy

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Straight ally, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    When i saw this i decided to profundize more... What i found was a lots of blogs where there were people saying stuflflike " interracial marriage is genocide of white race"

Some conspiracy theorist are even saying that there is a interracial propaganda in order to do a white genocide to dissapear white race...

Geez how paranoid can people be!

Like, seriously wtf?!

How is it there are still people making such a big fuzz out of people loving each other just because they are of different races?

How can you compare love with genocide?

My faith in humanity is fragile right now...

By the ways, this is the video. Just Checking - YouTube

2. LD579

On a lighter note, that commercial was really cute. =)

3. Straight ally

Yes :slight_smile:

Cute , simple and direct to the point.

4. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Children of this generation have restored my faith in humanity.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    We keep telling you guys there is still racism in this generation but i'm proud not people are not gonna stand for the nonsense

6. nicecoolguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah I saw a video about kids who all watched the commercial and then were asked to comment on it. Some kids were hilarious, but they all spoke great, beautiful words.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Racism still exists in this world and it confuses the hell out of me lol

8. What's so bad about interracial marriages? Interracial couples are EVERYWHERE. My cousin has been in a committed relationship with a white girl for 7 years, and they look very happy together. People like white supremacists just sicken me.

Sometimes, you could be 1/64 black, asian, latino, etc. and you may not even know it. To be honest, I don't think anybody is exclusively attracted to one ethnic group.

9. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oops, I commented without looking at the video first. I thought the video was this one
    [YOUTUBE]VifdBFp5pnw[/YOUTUBE]
    hence my comment. Just thought I clear that up :slight_smile:

10. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Am I insane or....? I swear this commercial has been out for awhile and I am genuinely shocked to know any "controversy" arose because of it.

I suppose if you want to love someone in the world they had better be of the same race and opposite gender right?

11. Straight ally

Exactly, there is no pure race... And what those paranoid people (who think white race will dissapear) dont know, is that no race will ever dissapear, cause most people usually have children with people of the same race or a similar one. On the other hand, i live in a country with a huge mixture of races (mainly black with white,but also a tiny hint of indians) so we could say most of us are descendants of interraciality, and something that is happening lately is that many people from europe and united states are migrating here, and because the white etnicity manifest itself stronger than a combination of races, we could say that the sons of those inmigrants with the natives are going to be more similar to the inmigrants, so i dont see why they think there is going to be any dissapearence.

Also , africa had a huge invasion and migration from england and france and holand... And hey! There wasnt any people white or black or asian in the united states , a few centuries ago if you think of it.

Yet, for some reason, some people are saying things like " interraciality will make the whole world a single interracial race" or " interraciality will dissappear all races" :bang:

My answer to those people is:

1- well, that would be bad for people who are sexually obssesed with a race but is not such a big isssue. Love is more important than any race, or race preservation.

2- it will never happen, most people end marrying someone racialy similar.

3- many interracial persons (like me) love white etnicity... And interracial descendants when having kids with people of other etnicity, have childs that look more like the partner of the other race.

4- we are not dogs, and this is not a dog competition where we have pure race huskies, pure race labradors, pure race boxers.

5- mixture of races is actually beneficial, in genetic terms.

6-there is no better race. This is seen with great inventors, and leaders and scientist from various races... The inventor of algebra was arabic, Gandhi from india, confusious from asia... Dont believe me ? List of African scientists, inventors, and scholars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of Puerto Rican scientists and inventors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    List of Indian inventions and discoveries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Also each race have their pros and cons: white skin resist better the cold, black skin resist better the heat for example.

7- a hint for white supremacist who consider themselves ass man (people who are particulary attracted to women with big ass) ... There is not such thing as a pure white woman with big ass :laugh: they either got it from arabs ( usually portugese or spaniards thanks to the moors) or black women. That is an attributte common on africa.

8- uff i love this "genocide" :eusa_danc: of banging and having childs, "sexy genocide" :grin: ...i really need to find a group of paranoid white supremacist to yell at them : "hey! Beware! The sexy genocide is coming!" :roflmao:

Finally, i will say to conclude: All races and their interracial combinations , are beautiful!

12. Munyal

Interracial people have the most beautiful skin color, in my oponion.

That commercial was really cute!

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Something else people don't get is that commercials aren't really there to tell a message other than "buy our product" It's not saying "BLACK POWA" It's not saying all children should be black.

Other than "Buy Cheerios because they're healthy for your heart (and they give us $$$)" it's a funny story between a 5-year-old girl and her parents. The girl heard cheerios were good for your heart, the mother confirmed this, so she poured cheerios all over her Daddy's chest where his heart is.

It's just a story. That's all the film industry wants to do. We want to tell you stories and entertain you. That's all commercials are. People get way too upset about these kinds of things. Are there tropes that should be looked at and possibly eliminated? Of course. But screaming about a silly commercial is no way to handle things.

14. Stripe101

I first saw it through the kid's react from the Finebrothers. Honestly, I didn't even notice until they pointed it out. Besides, aren't we past this? Wasn't this the big thing like 45 years ago?
    [​IMG]

Did these people come out of their caves to bash Cheerios?

15. Ricket

I honestly did not even notice that it was an interracial couple until I saw this post, and I don't understand how making more people can be a genocide. The definition of genocide is killing a group of people, not making babies with them until they are all mixed, don't you just love ignorance?

16. Ah don't mind those people they just cant handle the cuteness.

17. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never saw this commercial or heard about any controversy until now so I'm not sure if I would have thought anything about them being interracial. Even knowing that up front I was more curious what the little girl was up to and then got a good laugh once I realized what happened. I really liked it and she did such a great job with her expression like you just know she's up to something. Kids do cute stuff like that with all the best intentions and it's really sad that some people can't just enjoy it for what it is, a kid caring so much about her dad that she puts Cheerios over his heart to help protect him, haha. Love is love.

The reactions of the kids in the other video were so great!! It just goes to show that kids learn prejudice and if not taught that they'll grow up to make this a much better world.

#17 mnguy, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013