1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News ken cuccinelli wants ban on oral and anal sex

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Straight ally, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Ken Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, wants to ban oral sex.

this dude... doesn't makes sense...at all

Ken Cuccinelli wants to keep kids safe from sexual predators by banning oral and anal sex—between consenting adults. On a website his campaign just launched, Cuccinelli, the Republican candidate for governor in Virginia, paints himself as the only real protector of children, because of his efforts as Virginia attorney general to reinstate a law banning all naked fun-time acts besides vaginal intercourse.

Cuccinelli's claim is that only by reinstating the Crimes Against Nature law, which Cuccinelli dishonestly calls the "Anti-Child Predators Law," can the state of Virginia prosecute people who rape children. Never mind that rape is already illegal, child molestation is already illegal, and statutory rape is already illegal. His website says that a full 90 sexual predators may come off the sex offenders registry (the site is vague on how) if oral and anal sex isn't banned outright for everyone, a claim that hopefully will remind voters that enforcing such a law would mean that adults having consensual sex in their bedrooms could become "sex offenders" if they're caught.

Like his peers, Cuccinelli knows that you're supposed to come up with a reason these anti-sex measures aren't really about sex, but never has a man been so bad at maintaining a cover story. He swears that the law won't be enforced as written to prosecute consensual sex between adults, even though the Supreme Court ruling that made this type of ban unconstitutional, Lawrence v. Texas, was in fact about arresting a couple having consensual sex in private. Cuccinelli's "just trust me" argument is especially hollow in light of his past behavior, as reported by Think Progress:

In 2004, a bipartisan group in the Virginia General Assembly backed a bill that would have brought the law in line with the Supreme Court’s ruling. They proposed to eliminate the Crimes Against Nature law’s provisions dealing with consenting adults in private and leaving in place provisions relating to prostitution, public sex, and those other than consenting adults. Cuccinelli opposed the bill in committee and helped kill it on the Senate floor.
    Oral sex is almost universal among sexually active adults. The Centers for Disease Control finds that nearly 82 percent of men and 80 percent of women ages 15-44 admit to having had it. The Kinsey Institute's research shows that nearly everyone who is having vaginal intercourse also admits to having oral sex. The very few who don't cop to this no doubt want to keep their jobs working for the Cuccinelli campaign.

2. Ricket

I hope this doesn't spread...

3. Tim

Tim

It would also make it illegal for straight guys to get a blow job.

Trust me, it ain't spreading.

4. Ticklish Fish

inb4 heteros complaining orals being banned

5. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, that's just slightly radical.

6. Praetor

Now to wait for Ken Cuccinelli to be caught in a sex scandal like all the others...

7. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Cause ya know, once you pass a law on it, EVERYONE will just stop. Right.

8. Sr Francium

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HEERRRPPPP DERRRPPPP
    No seriously, who comes up with this rubbish?

9. Foxface

i am not saying it is right...but did you know that per the military code of justice, oral sex and sodomy were illegal? Having a threeway is illegal for the military member? I don't know if it the sodomy portion has changed now with the new allowances for LGBT military members but yeah...

laws like this...just make me roll my eyes

Foxface

10. Sr Francium

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Really? They make me head-desk.

11. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seriously though, how will this even be enforced within people's homes and bedrooms?

12. Incognito10

I want to know how he is equating homosexuals to "predators." What is is doing is trying to defame a group of people with crimes (being predators), which is unfounded as far as I know. This is a waste of everyone's time--get on with real government issues.

13. Tim

Tim

What I find funny, is he's also saying that a man with a young girl is okay. Cause you know, he clearly doesn't need to protect the little girls. -.-;

14. Beware Of You

How would such a law even be enforceable? What can they do? Put cameras in everyone's bedroom

15. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I wonder how having oral or anal sex would suddenly make you want to go for children... I just have this nonsensical scene in my head:* getting an awesome blowjob... I finish..."oooahhh yeah! That was awesome! That was so awesome that suddenly im urging to molest childs, specialy now when im satisfied!"

Actually i think that people with happy sex lives are less likely to predate childs...:bang:

16. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lawrence v. Texas also makes it illegal for him to enforce this law. Trust me, no one is banning oral or anal any time soon. They tried it before and failed.

17. Tim

Tim

Didn't SCOTUS actually rule a while ago that states cannot ban sodomy?

In fact, many states still have laws that ban it. But because of the federal ruling, they are null and cannot be enforced.

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They actually said that in the ruling I mentioned, where Kennedy said in the majority "The petitioners [Lawrence and Garner] are entitled to respect for their private lives. The State cannot demean their existence or control their destiny by making their private sexual conduct a crime."

But yes, many states still have sodomy laws on the books, but if they even try to enforce them, the ACLU, SPLC, HRC, and any other organization that is for human rights will be all over them. Basically, they are just dragging their feet on the ground keeping these laws in the books.

19. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol what are they gonna do? You're going to need a lot more police officers to enforce that law. I got an idea, we'll call them The Armed Non Affirmable Legislators. Then they can run around peeking into people's windows at night.

These people are delusional :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope he keeps airing his crazy ideas and loses the election. Hopefully these types of opinions, voter restriction and opposition to women's reproductive rights will ensure his loss.