1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russia Cracks Down Further

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PrinceOfAvalon, Jul 22, 2013.

1. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    So yeah... If I were in Russia, I would be evacuating a.s.a.p. This makes me so mad >.> hes doing this to stablize his base and its so wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/opinion/russias-anti-gay-crackdown.html

2. Goodnyte

I would say what I think but it is extremely disrespectful and long.

3. Amerigo

birthrates are diminishing because of inadequate dealings with the HIV/AIDS epidemic in what's supposed to be a first world country. that's your fault putin.

4. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's funny how Putin wants to throw the Russian Federation back 200 years like Stalin did. Lenin started started the Communist Revolution in a fight for equality, only to have it destroyed by Putin almost 100 years later. Lenin legalised homosexuality and Putin is now criminalising it. It's a sad thing to hear for our Russian comrades.

5. Munyal

??? There are quite a few openly gay and lesbian athletes from all over the world. How can he think that nobody will care if they get arrested during the olympics. These laws may actually end up having positive repercussions (in the long run; it sucks right now). Think about it. If loads of olympians protest or just decide not to participate, how will Rusia, and particularly Putin, look? Like an idiot.

6. damn liar

This is seriously INSANE. :/

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    YAAAY, back to the argument where all gays are pedophiles! Come on, guys! How many children did you rape last night? Don't have it be a secret. Not something to worry about, since, ya know, we ALL do that.

8. Cthulhu

Russian government:

[​IMG]

9. FreeFlow9917

Well the only thing that is preventing me from going to evil anger mode and break me down is a little laughter, because this is just so fucking inhumane amd if research shows that glbt are in better relationships than straight couples.
    He sweeps under the real issues of russia and pins them on gay, bi, and lesbians. But the air is thinning, as the wg arrives, he is going to (I really hope so) face a shitload of heat from surrounding countries who support gay rights, and i especially hope the U.S. and G.B. will step up and say something.... I Hope

10. ScatteredEarth

And thus World War III was fought in another holocaust. But of the LGBTs instead. The Olympians are gonna do something, that's for sure. Lenin must be turning in his grave. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they dug up his coffin to find it upside down.

11. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    "There is a price for tolerating intolerance"
    The end of the article tells us all that there is to be known.

12. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rêves de New York et des blazers...
    Considering that he's been embalmed in the middle of Red Square, you could probably see him actually rolling around in his grave like a chicken on a spit... :L

13. 2112

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lenin isn't buried. His embalmed corpse is laying in a mausoleum in Red Square, where Stalin had Lenin's body put on display against Lenin's own expressed wishes- although the body on display is rumored to be a fake mostly made of wax at this point.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Stalin originally had his own body when he died put on display next to Lenin's, but it was stealthily removed by Khrushchov in the night during de-Stalinization.

So if Lenin were turning over in his grave, we would be able to see it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But the policies we are seeing Putin implement today are definitely making another dead Soviet leader happy; Putin is channeling Josef Stalin in how he governs Russia, and that includes the vicious anti-gay policies. Stalin, like Putin, also was in bed with the Russian Orthodox Church, a ferociously hateful homophobic institution. It is frightening to see Russia again go down this path.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty much...I'm just disgusted at the country...