1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Four men charged in hate crime attack on two men they thought were gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by suninthesky, Jul 23, 2013.

1. suninthesky

Four men charged in hate crime attack on two men they thought were gay – LGBTQ Nation

2. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

[​IMG]

Disgusting scum.

I read another article where the father of the 20-year-old hate criminal is reported as describing the suspects as "good boys." Disgusting, but this is the sort of self-entitled homophobic pricks that come out of conservative rich suburban hellholes. I blame the parents.

I hope the victims are okay. One of them is still in serious condition in the hospital, hopefully he survives, but both of them will definitely have psychological trauma from this. :icon_sad:

3. 2112

Buckley? I might be related to them... :frowning2:

4. Minx

I'm saddened but not surprised.

I expect violent acts like this to rise the more progress is made. Not that these vulgar crimes will stop progression.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This just saddens me :frowning2:

6. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My thoughts exactly. Legally, we're winning slowly. But socially, it's pretty obvious that we're being attacked.

Also:

This is exactly why you don't assume anything of anyone. Gender, sexual orientation, motivation, etc.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

The more we win legally, and the more we get accepted into society as a whole, I think the more we will see of a violent backlash from the minority of hatemongers like this. These small-minded bigots are getting desperate as they see their heterosexist domination of society challenged, so they react violently. Be careful everyone!

Eh I think the key is this is why you don't hate and beat up someone because you think they're gay, it doesn't matter whether the victims were actually gay or not. I don't think this case would be any better if they had verified that the two men were gay before attacking them.

8. Exstatic

This is just awfully sad and disgusting

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, the assuming comes first, and the beating up comes after that BECAUSE of the assumption. I agree that the beating up shouldn't happen either way, but in cases like this, the assumption was the driver and it made the situation worse than it really was from the start.

My real point here is that if you have no idea who that person is, then just leave them the fuck alone and go on with your day.

10. ScatteredEarth

It's unfortunate that we have to live in a world where people are treated heinously based on the people they are attracted to. Especially in a country that's supposed to be one of the biggest world powers.

11. EscapeArtist

I vote for the death penalty for those who commit a hate-crime offense. Maybe then people will pull their heads out of their anal region..meh, a girl can dream.

12. Stripe101

Hey! I come from a Conservative rich suburban hellhole.

Except I'm not rich... let's replace that with Catholic. I come from a Conservative Catholic suburban hellhole.

... That doesn't make feel better. I guess a hellholes's a hellhole, no matter where you are.