1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Blue Rhino propane plant explosion in central Florida

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Jul 29, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Emberstone

my heart goes out to the community, the families, and the first responders.

not to get too political, but am I the only one who expects that in the coming days, we will learn this was another plant not properly inspected and ignoring safety regulations?

it often seems like these kinds of accidents, most of the time, could have been prevented if people werent cutting corners to increase profit, or were less apathetic when warning signs were appearing showing the potential.

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Having been thru this situation with a different company near where I live, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something stored improperly that caught fire that triggered a chain reaction. These types of facilities typically don't have anywhere close to enough area to isolate the tanks, especially if they have 200 pound tanks or larger around. And, once one or two of the tanks start exploding, all that can be done is set some water nozzles in place to try to cool the situation, and evacuate. When the plant around here went up, they evacuated everyone to a 1 mile radius. Explosions happened for about 12 hours, IIRC. I hope they find the people, and they are OK. Sometimes evacuations can cause sufficient disruption that people simply are not accounted for in the process, not because something bad happened to them.