1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe has denounced Archbishop Desmond Tutu for speaking

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Seems Mugabe is not a fan of Tutu

I think he is evil and Tutu is the good guy, Mugabe seems to be confused about that

President Mugabe: ‘Never, never, never will we support homosexuality in Zimbabwe’ - PinkNews.co.uk

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe has denounced Archbishop Desmond Tutu for spea

Awww poor Mugabe. Well he'll be dead soon anyway. :slight_smile:

3. BudderMC

Re: Zimbabwe’s President Robert Mugabe has denounced Archbishop Desmond Tutu for spea

I understand the powerful effect faith (and religion, by association) can have on people.

But what always boggled me, regardless whether heaven/hell/any sort of afterlives actually exist, is why some people spend their entire mortal lives preparing themselves (and others) for a potential afterlife.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't really understand it either. I mean sure I hope heaven exists cause I'll admit I don't like the idea of nothing existing after you cease to exist. But hell, I swear like a sailor so I'll admit I'm not a person who's going to watch what I say and such. I mean why should you stop living your life just because "omg if I do this IM GOING TO HELLLLLLL" -_- No thanks.

5. Emberstone

Mugabe is just an asshole in general. He destroyed any chance of Zimbabwe having a bright future for a long time to come after he finally croaks it. He is nothing more than a corrupt and evil dictator.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Mugabe is nothing but a Homophobic Racist, with one food in the Grave thank God :eusa_naug

7. Ridiculous

Usually Pascal's wager, if they aren't very smart.

8. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I think many use faith improperly. To me, us, it is fact, not unwavering belief, fact.

You can dislike and disagree, but to me/us, our time here is fleeting. After is less so.

From my shoes, doesn't making eternity perfect sound like a better way to spend my time then...anything else? How to go about that may be in dispute, but I understand the feeling. Which is perhaps why I am far more forgiving of improper use of religion then perhaps most.

Edit: Perhaps is a cool word yo.

9. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Desmond Tutu is what Christianity should be about.

10. Mohammad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

What most hilarious about this is that the pre-colonial African tribes in what is now Zimbabwe have been historically recorded to have had no problems with homosexual relationships. Hatred of homosexuals came much later, upon the flags and decks of European imperialist slaveships.

So when Mugabe goes on about how acceptance of homosexuals in society is a 'western' and 'anti-african' concept, you really have to laugh.

11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

For a president whose country has minted trillion dollar bills that equates to $1 USD due to superinflation, and has a country in horrible shape, I would say he has more problems to worry about than worrying about Desmond Tutu.

12. lukeluvznicki13

I'm proud to be living in South Africa :slight_smile:
    Mugabe has messed up Zimbabwe and today funny enough it is the national voting for Zimbabwe so hopefully they pick a different leader than Mugabe since he has created so many problems in Zimbabwe and now Zimbabweans flock into South Africa expecting jobs.

I am pro Archbishop Desmond Tutu, he is getting in modern times and accepts people for who they are and also believes like I do that God isn't homophobic, he loves everyone :slight_smile:

13. ScatteredEarth

I'm sorry, are they still going on about how Africa is against homosexuality? Don't they realize that homosexuality was around and accepted long before they 'didnt'?

I'm still laughing about how wrongly Uganda portrayed homosexuality with eating shit.