1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Russian police in Sochi beat and rape man with a crowbar over Winter Olympic housing

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by paperyostrich, Jul 30, 2013.

1. paperyostrich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Police in the Russian city of Sochi, which is due in 2014 to host the Winter Olympics, allegedly beat and raped a construction worker over a pay dispute amounting to around £400.

Vocativ reports that Martiros Demerchyan, a construction worker who spent seven weeks working on housing for the Winter Olympics was accused of stealing copper wire by his supervisor, after he said he was underpaid by 20,000 rubles (£396).

More at

Russian police in Sochi beat and rape man with a crowbar over Winter Olympic housing job pay dispute - PinkNews.co.uk

Disgusting! These incidences are getting more vile and extreme by the day...

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Russian police in Sochi beat and rape man with a crowbar over Winter Olympic hous

What the hell...

3. Beware Of You

Re: Russian police in Sochi beat and rape man with a crowbar over Winter Olympic hous

Russia should loose the Olympics, they are not fit for it. The IOC are idiots for ignoring these atrocities.

4. Aldrick

No words.

This is just so horrible. I imagine if Russia is forced to acknowledge what happened here, they're likely to accuse the cops of being gay since they raped him with a crowbar. "You see! This is what happens when we allow gays to become cops!" Of course, all of this ignores the fact that the rape with a crowbar was done to shame the construction worker due to anti-gay sentiments and biases in the country. It's the old, "Hahaha. He knows he liked it!" Bullshit.

Things like this always happen and get worse in more homophobic societies. It means that men are less likely to seek help for their injuries or be honest about what happened.

5. Minx

It's barbaric.

6. flight

I just... I just... AHHH. IOC get your shit together and do something. At this point if they stripped it away from Sochi and had a year delay, I wouldn't care.

And to think I was actually looking forward to the Olympics.

7. sguyc

Russia is so fucked up. Their so society has so many problems.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Russia is a joke of a country now, a very scary joke. No doubt in my mind they need to lose the Olympics over these atrocities... How about we move them back to Vancouver again?

9. UndercoverGypsy

As I posted in another thread, that would be a pain in the ass. Last time the BC government canceled a program that investigated the deaths of children in favour of paying for the Olympics.

#9 UndercoverGypsy, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  10. BiPenguin

It's not as if anybody boycotted the Nazi German Olympics. I doubt they will in these days either.