1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News "Hip Hip Hurray For Ex Gays"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, Jul 31, 2013.

1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    [youtube]YMiwH0Qhwi0[/youtube]

How courageous for him to stand up to the "heterophobic" tyrannical gay activists who are anti-diversity.

/sarcasm

2. Safekeeping

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So if I'm an anti-pro-choice person, does that make me a choice person?

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, heterophobic. Because we discriminate, beat and kill anyone who's heterosexual, and say heterosexuality is unnatural because God. We also don't support ANY heterosexual couple, even our own parents JUST because they're heterosexual.

Yup. That's us.

4. Beware Of You

It makes pride look boring, be an ex-gay and you get to make a speech dressed like Mr.Bean in an ill fitting suit.

What has abortion got to do with this? I am pro-choice so I can't be anti-pro-choice whatever that means.

I love how he says "real science", psychology research has proven that Ex-Gays don't exist, at best they are bisexuals repressing same sex attraction or more frequently homosexuals repressed to the point where their mental health will be at risk not long in the future. I find this kinda sad

5. Reptillian

I'm going to define ex-gays people whose sexual orientation changes as the results of therapy. Those don't exist because these therapies has never once worked.

However, fluid individuals' existence is more than just plausible considering works from people who found identity changes with lack of pointers that points to confusion. I'll get paper up soon and explain. These are people whose sexuality/sexual orientation had changed slowly over time with no therapy or wills of choice. Fluid sexual orientation goes against set this way from birth hypothesis and choice hypothesis.

#5 Reptillian, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ...He contradicted himself several times in that video... Is he Gay, is he Ex-Gay... Idontknow?

7. Beware Of You

Also he sounds like a complete queen! He isn't fooling anyone with that voice. Seriously I have never met a gay guy with a voice as queen like as that! I am somewhat fem and I look like CM Punk in comparison

8. Mohammad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Holy crap! 'Heterophobia'? Are these idiots for real? This is just like the racists we have around here who say shit like 'welfare queens' and 'anti-racism = anti-white'.

Just like that, except even more pathetic.

9. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Ex-Queers? Sounds like it was used an offensive slur. It sounds more like his religious/"moral" standings made him just choose to not sleep with men (anymore) and he probably just hates homosexuality (because he can't accept himself).

His hip hip hoorays also sound so unenthusiastic.

I don't consider myself heterophobic, seeing as i love many many heterosexual people and many are my friends and i don't want to legislate laws to restrict their privacy/individuality/pursuit of happiness(including marriage)/job security. I also don't want to make a part of the essential "being" illegal... :slight_smile: I think that this makes me pretty non-heterophobic. xD

Oh, when will people learn :slight_smile:

#9 PrinceOfAvalon, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  10. Hefiel

"listen to real science"

...American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, National Association of Social Workers, World Health Organization, and pretty much all credible scientific research all agrees; Conversion Therapy doesn't work, and sexual orientation cannot be changed.

It's sad to see how deluded these people become because of this hateful society. They are told to deny completely who they are, and that homosexuality is a terrible sin, so these people start living in this fantasy world where they are "not gay anymore" and start thinking that the world is against them because they are not gay anymore. Could it be that deep down inside them still know that they are gay, hm?

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

11. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was apart of a group like that. It's a depressing way to live.

12. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Be gentle people.

These are people that were forced one way or another to go through this bunch of shit, and we don't know their stories for us to be judging them so harshly.

We are the lucky ones. The ones that get to walk away without any mental scars, any electroshock or any other fucked up types of therapy that many ex-gays have been submitted to.

I know, they sound fucking crazy, but try to sympathize. They are the result of the same homophobia that drove many of us to find EC. These are not the people that you should be mad at.

13. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I admire your empathy.