1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Zimmerman pulled over in Texas for traffic violation, given warning

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by MerBear, Jul 31, 2013.

1. MerBear

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm quite confused why this is news. He got his lucky acquittal.

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Slow news day?

4. starfish

Yeah I don't see why this is news. The only thing he did wrong was speeding. It is legal to carry a gun in your car in Texas without a concealed handgun license. Heck he may even have a CHL, I don't know. Not only that he told the officer that he had a gun, exactly as he should have.

With all of the people calling for his head, I don't blame him one bit for carrying a gun. I'm actually surprised it was in the glove box. I'd have kept it somewhere a little more accessible.

5. MerBear

Why do a lot of you judge so quickly? God for bid, I make a thread on something.

I didn't say anything was wrong with what he did but I will say, he really needs to be careful whether he's caring a gun or not.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The comments are not saying this is a bad thread. We're merely expressing surprise at the fact that major media seems to think this is a big deal.

7. Tim

Tim

People are questioning why any news site considers this news in the first place, not that you made a thread.

Honestly, if I were him, there's no way in hell I WOULDN'T carry a gun at this point.

8. MerBear

The major media has to work with something, that doesn't mean they Think it's a big deal, they will publish anything to get money. They don't need to "think" anything, they just need a story and a source and they are all good

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is true that broadcast studios need stories because of jobs and whatnot. It just seems like overkill at this point about Zimmerman, even if it's a slow news day. They could cover just about anything else locally or nationally. If we're talking shit about the government and the NSA spying on us, Zimmerman's got the media apparently literally on his tail. Seriously, this shit happens to everyone. What happened beforehand is not what everyone goes through and that's why it was news.

TL;DR it just seems like the media is looking for an excuse to badmouth Zimmerman.

10. MerBear

Meh, I just feel this is to get people riled up. not trying to badmouth him.
    They cover controversial and very debateable things to cause a stir and make more stories inside the story. Honestly, ABC, Yahoo, NBC etc will cover this. if one story gets out, other news sites will follow and cover it why? To make more cash and cause a stir but I don't think they do it to badmouth zimmerman because the majority agreed with the verdict.

This is how the media works, they post articles and stories to cause a stir....and create a story within a story.

Like zimmerman found not guilty *next day* riots after zimmerman found not guilty.
    I feel, they posted these things to make more money rather than to personally badmouth someone. If i was making a lot of money covering news and stories, I wouldn't personally give a flying fuck what was going on because I'm making a living with what i'm doing and My opinion isn't really needed or wanted

#10 MerBear, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  11. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True, and you and Don Henley may be right, but I don't see that being much of a case, anymore. Look at the comments, and they're saying almost word-for-word what we are: "Why da fuck is dis on da news?"

The funny part is this: There is no controversy about it. Everyone, Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative, otherwise, gay, straight, whatever all came together and said the same exact thing.

At least there's something we all agree upon.

#11 Jinkies, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  12. MerBear

Well, I'm pretty sure news reporter don't like reporting pointless and obvious things either and i think a lot fail to realize, that this is not something they always believe in or want to post, it's just something they have to work with to make a living.

They have a job like everyone else, that doesn't mean, they always like what they do

13. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I said though, there could be something else to cover. There always is. Why aren't we seeing what's in Zimmerman's underwear drawer? Because it's not news. It's nobody's business. In the area where he is, it seems there have been robberies. Hell, there could have been one when Zimmerman was pulled over. There could have been something great that happened, or even an event. It's the summer, so a lot of events are happening. The weather is also pretty terrible and it looks like there could be some watches. ANYTHING could be covered. Not just Zimmerman. Sorry, Mr. Zimmerman. But the fact that you didn't drink your coffee with 3 packets of sugar just isn't my business.

14. MerBear

Because it's just the latest thing that's been going on since the verdict. a lot again fail to realize this but when something 'big' happens...they cover it over a certain period of time. it's always been this way. Boston Bombing, they covered that guy were some time then slowly stopped. Casey anthony....they covered her after the verdict even if it was something little, they covered it because it what was trending. OJ simpson case, they covered that for some time.

They will stop overtime, they usually do. It's just something the media has always done with things like this. It's how its always been and always will.

Stupid? yes ...but its how they do it and people have just get use to it

15. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They covered the boston bombing guy until he was put in jail, and most of the stories actually had some merit to them as they linked to the original case. Yes, it got old. But none of them were things that we all do as everyday people.

My guess is that for a little bit, the media will continue this. But since they look at the comments and go "Huh. Looks like the people don't see this as something to cover" chances are that it's not going to last long and that journalism will actually gradually cover more important things more consistently.

16. MerBear

Yeah but i think, they still are doing this because of what's been going on the last fews days in florida, and all over the place.

They probably will stop but they have always done this even if its not much

17. Jimi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My mother goes 5 miles over the speed limit and she's slapped with a $250 ticket. He gets pulled over and gets a warning. His luck with the law is uncanny. AND he had a gun in his truck...Why?

18. MerBear

the gun is For his safety.

and Yeah, I do kind of think that's a bit unfair with the getting off with a warning.

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually find it very interesting that he did get off with a warning regardless of anything, considering it was THE END of the month. Perhaps the cop had already filled his quota?

20. MerBear

Maybe. I dont know the legal circumstances. I dont give a shit about the gun. I would too if i was him..

What kind of gets me is what he said to the cop...and why he got with only a warning....I know, a lot who if they went just over 5mph ..they would get fined but Maybe it differs from state to state?