1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News What Happened When My Son Wore A Pink Headband To Walmart

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by That1Guy, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not exactly "news" but I came across it when I was skimming a news site. It's a good read if you have a few minutes.

2. Ticklish Fish

uh what the fuck man, touching people's kids?
    Isn't that like, pedophile? harassment? kidnapping? idk

and that's a good parent in the article <3

3. Stripe101

Yes, that man must have felt so good after insulting a 2 year old.

[​IMG]

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Had I been you I would've killed the man for laying a hand on my child, that's just so... God, why do people have to be this way! He's 2 years old! You don't ever, EVER touch another persons child. It doesn't even bother me about the bigotry, it's the fact that he did that to a CHILD. There is just so much wrong with it, but what I can't stand is with all the violence towards children in the world not a single person stepped in to do something about this man. I can't believe this happened to you, hugs and prayers for you and your son because that was just wrong on so many levels. (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

5. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't have been able to contain myself if I had witnessed anything like that, but then again, my desire to protect those that are defenceless against morons like this tend to be my down falling.

The mother and her children deserved to have one, just ONE person walk over and ask if they were ok.

Now I am not so angry at the man as I am angry at the however many stood around and did nothing like piss weak bystanders intimidated by a weak kneed bigot picking on a 2 year old boy and a woman? I mean seriously, how could any man be intimidated but a big grown up man picking on a 2 year old boy?

6. George

Wow that is really messed up... and it is wrong on so many levels. It's disgusting that people like that even exist, but I find it even more disturbing that no one did anything to help. There is just no excuse.

7. Keegan24

Thats really saddening, especially the fact that no one helped her.
    Though what a great person and mother she must be

8. Jonathan

What annoyed me the most were the people in the comments section who were completely disregarding the story by saying it never happened and she just made it up in an attempt to make her child a political pawn.

9. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If this were my kid, I would have done a whole hell of a lot more than just threaten to cut his hands off... Keep in mind I'm scrawny and less than 100 pounds, I could still do some serious damage, especially if somebody touched my child and called him a f****t, she is right, a 2 year old has NO sexuality, all little boys think girls are icky for a while, be they gay or straight.

Even though I am only 98 pounds, I would have put the fear of god into that man, though I know I'd probably get pretty beat in the process, I would pull out every single move I've seen on TV and grab a mop from whatever isle and go Ichigo Kurosaki on his fat biggoted ass!

10. Hiems

They're really cynical for claiming such an idea. That sort of mentality is prevalent in the comments section, so I try to avoid it like the plague.

---

That man had no right to touch the mother's child. Moreover, using a homophobic slur against the child and saying that his murder is warranted added insult to injury. People like that man make me sick to my stomach. Everything he did is simply unacceptable.

From the looks of it, this story will make its rounds on social media. I hope readers change their minds and use their conscience when being bystanders of identical scenarios.

11. ZebraJynx121

The amount of stupidity inside that mans head astounds me. Who just goes around removing people's accessories without asking? Let alone a 2 year old!:dry:

12. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, be a man and smack toddlers.

I know his type, because my father and many peers were exactly like him. I've no doubt this behavior will probably become more frowned upon in the future, as more rights are gained and awareness is spread, but there will always be bigots, unfortunately.

This is 2013, it shouldn't be happening in our part of the world (even if it was Walmart). Those people should have said something, got the message out that this isn't acceptable. Sadly, it's the world we live in, a painful reminder that not everything is glitter and rainbows on the other side.

13. Hexagon

Fucking hell.

14. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender policing of a stranger's child, then hitting him, then publicly announcing that gay people somehow deserve shooting. I'm not sure if I've lived too sheltered a life, or if this blatantly disgusting behaviour is common. I didn't realise sexism/homophobia in some people is so open, especially in such a public area.

15. timo

Some people are almost too stupid to breathe.

16. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Exactly, also wearing a a pink waist band or any accesory doesnt define someones gender so much... I mean, the concept of male clothing and female clothing are to some degree cultural construct. Spartans wore skirts and they considered persians unmanly for wearing pants.

Scottish men wore skirts. At some cultures is normal for men to wear certain things similar to makeup.

Also is not such a big deal, is not that dude business how that child is comfortable. He was just being homophobic and transphobic (although wearing a pink headband doesnt guarantee transgenderness, im pretty sure many cis boys painted their nails at somepoint out of curiosity, and many trans have had to dress like their biological gender for many years, cloth doent affect gender, gender is something inside the person)

17. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ No, you're right. He was being transphobic. The kid wanted to present him/her/zirself as something pleasing, and the man completely ignored the fact that it was the kid's decision and not the Mom's. While it's true that it may not be relevant if the kid is transgender, it's still no way to treat anybody no matter how old they are.

EDIT: Looking at the comments, I'm actually surprised to see so many supportive people (not sarcasm). I expected maybe 3 supportive comments and responses being "Prove yourself"

Well, to those searching, I give you a video originally posted here by Aldrick:

[YOUTUBE]MFn81_HAvWg[/YOUTUBE]

#17 Jinkies, Aug 3, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  18. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Poor thing :frowning2: He's so cute

19. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also have to say: Welcome to the US, where wearing girly things is a terrible thing to do and smoking your 20th pack for the day after your 7th beer for the hour is TOTALLY, PERFECTLY OKAY!

:slight_smile:

20. BuyTheStars

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First off, she sounds like a great mother and reminds me much of my own.. I mean I would come out to my mother is she wasn't such a blabber mouth and would keep it away from my dad!... -But that's a whole 'nother thing

As far as the article goes... FUCK THAT MAN.

Never is it EVER okay to hit, or even touch for that matter another parent's child without permission... EVER.

The fact that he slapped this child (in a playful way or not) and that he took off that headband from his head and threw it down... That's wrong.. Its just plain wrong and nobody should even consider doing that to a 2 year old boy!

-But it gets worse, he screams at him "-Your son is a fucking faggot." and that "He'll get shot for it one day." is emotional abuse! I am proud that she stood up for her son and told that man to GTFO but she really should have told the management what had happened because THAT is FUCKING UNACCEPTABLE, not the fact that her child likes to play girl dress-up.. Erg.. Makes me so mad! >:[

People are fucking Prejudice and I can't believe something like that would actually happen.. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.