1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

Russia is getting worse and worse, soon it will be the noose for LGBT people at this rate :

The only other country to whip homosexuals is Malaysia, I have lived there briefly, they would sentence you to 5 years plus 50 whips, if you can't take the whip each whip would be a month extra on your sentence. The locals were more scared of it than prison.

So Russia is regressing to the likes of Islamic style corporal punishment

Mind I almost laughed at this

Oh well I am for some "love entertainment" with my boyfriend who is very much entertained by my ass

Russia: MP calls for law allowing gays to be whipped in public squares - PinkNews.co.uk

2. damn liar

Oh my FUCKING GOD. :/

How... just how is this happening?

3. Beware Of You

Also what "Educational" purposes can my ass provide? Do I pooh shakesphere or something ?

4. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My faith in humanity is now gone.

5. Mohammad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In Russia for many centuries religious and ethnic jews were purged in mass pogroms, peasants were treated as dirt, dictator-kings ruled hereditarily and numerous Central Asian countries were relentlessly invaded. If there's one thing we can learn from history, it's that 'Golden Ages' aren't as progressive as nationalist romantics would like us to believe. Then again this guy is a right-populist so I wouldn't be surprised if he started advocating the things listed above.

Tradition for the sake of tradition is ridiculous, especially when it involves the arbitrary oppression of a particular social group for no apparent reason other than bigoted hatred. It's like me saying that, say, smoking weed is 'unjust' because it is 'against the law'. We already know that it's against the law, but why is that law in place? Why is it justified?

As Russia's political scene seems to be dominated by jingoists and church fundies at the current moment, I don't think we'll have any coherent answers to this question for a very long time.

6. lukeluvznicki13

Is Russia part of the UN? I think they would be kicked out by now since the UN have started an equal rights project for all sexualities.

7. Mohammad

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also, how can these people sleep at night after whipping people, condoning the torture and murder of homosexuals and criminalising the mere support of LGBT rights, then dare go on to claim that something as innocent as anal sex (which isn't limited to homosexuals anyway) is 'immoral'?

Absolute pigs.

#7 Mohammad, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  8. Beware Of You

Putin is the new Stalin isn't he. Lenin had brought the USSR forward by giving rights to homosexuals and trying to bring equality. (I would happy live in that form of Communism) , but Stalin clamped down on people's rights and dragged the place back.

Replace Lenin with Yeltsin and Stalin with Putin

Just realised they Rhyme..... Is that a sign

9. BornInTexas

[​IMG]

I have no idea how people can have such hatred.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Russia needs to be sanctioned by the UN or something...

11. Dented

The same UN which they can veto any decision made by, right?

12. Hexagon

13. Beware Of You

No, that is the Security Council, not the UN as a whole. This wouldn't be under the security council

---------- Post added 7th Aug 2013 at 07:48 PM ----------

This would be a horrifying ordeal, Imagine it. Someone tips the cops off, and all of a sudden they raid your house and take you away on front of your family or friends. You are then locked up for a few days until they drag you onto the square, on front of your family, your friends, your boss and then start whipping you.

This is disgusting, they want to kill people's souls

14. Dented

True I guess, it just doesn't seem like anyone would have the courage to do anything about it. Also, gas and oil.

And yeah, completely agree with you on that second point. That country has turned into a living nightmare.

15. Beware Of You

The UK is becoming less dependent on Russian gas since we have large shale reserves that are accessible despite some of the media scaremongering. Russia has realised it can't bully countries like it tried with Cyprus.

There is always the possibility of preventing Ibramovich and the like from entering the UK, if you scupper the Oligarchs Putin's support will evaporate.

Russia can't do all the bullying with gas despite what the media thinks, they need customers. The UK is reducing its gas dependance anyway, and we still have reserves in the Irish sea. The countries who have problem are the ones like Germany etc.

16. Dented

Y'know what, I'm going back on what I said, someone needs to sanction these bigots. Hard.

17. SchwulIstCool

Dans mes rêves de New York et des blazers...
    My blood is literally running cold. :frowning2: I feel unwell after reading that...

18. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they'll make homophobia an Olympic sports, the Russians would probably win a medal.

Alarming as this may be, it's worth stressing that this is a minor politician from a minor province. I'm not entirely convinced this isn't just an attention grab. Kind of the Russian equivalent of Michelle Bachmann. Who is pretty alarming in her own right, but is by no means the one who decides what laws get passed.

I'm particularly puzzled by his statement that asses' primary function is educational. I always thought that for the majority of the world's population, its primary function was pooping :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

The fuck.

I'm going to be sick...

20. George

Ok this has gone too far now... as if it hadn't already crossed the line 10 news stories ago. I seriously hope this starts getting world attention and some action is done. If they start whipping gays in public squares that is a massive human rights violation. I think that would be severe enough to justify international action such as placing sanctions on Russia.