1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Hacktivists Want to Free the Net by Building a New One From Scratch

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Joanne, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Joanne

Hacktivists Want to Free the Net by Building a New One From Scratch | Motherboard

2. Hexagon

Interesting

3. Just Jess

4. Techno Kid

No to the idea of a free and open internet?
    Or do you mean that you think it won't work?

5. Little of both
    I don't mean to sound like a social authoritarian but there is a lot of disturbing stuff on the internet and made because of the internet mild restrictions regulations I support but in the end still have it be a generally free outlet
    and I don't think it will work it would be interesting to try out maybe make some good progress in technology but the internet we have now is used by millions of people.

6. Joanne

There's no reason why a properly designed internet can't regulate and maintain itself, besides the loose collective known as anonymous is the only entity that actively searches for child abuse rings and shuts them down by gathering Intel and telling the appropriate authorities.

Shockingly noone like the FBI does that yet, and we know that because recently they announced they was only just CONSIDERING it, not doing but considering.

There's no reason why it couldn't manage itself, like it partially does now already, with the ever growing compassion and mindfulness movement changing society for the best

As for not working, all great ideas start out small and have many failed attempts of trial and error before taking off

7. Techno Kid

Ok, agree to disagree.

#8 Techno Kid, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  8. Minx

I thought there was a private place already. Wasn't it nicknamed the Undernet? :3

9. Joanne

Minx, your probably thinking of tor? If so its still based on the exsisting system and therefore still centralised

10. Minx

I lost all my research when my laptop crashed years ago but I don't think it was Tor. Oh well. :lol:

11. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    The idea sounds interesting, but i suspect they are going to make it illegal or regulate it at least.

12. Joanne

Its hard to regulate or even enforce illegality of something that is fully decentralized and user owned