1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russian anti-gay law is weird because many in the government are gay

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

One of the girls from tATu (The girl pop-rock duo from Russia who got a hit with that All The Things She Said song with the lesbian music video) kinda states what I suspect with russia.

tATu star Lena Katina: ‘Russian anti-gay law is weird because many in the government are gay’ - PinkNews.co.uk

2. Reptillian

I'd say they are gay if they admit it. Wouldn't rely on anecdotes and flawed studies to support a claim. Asides, the best way to kniw if one is gay is when it comes from their mouth.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Statistically, there must be some gay people in the Russian parliament. Also, the bolded doesn't really apply in places like Russia, where the closet is the norm.

4. Reptillian

I'm not going to disagree with the first part at all, but you're right on the second part to a extent. It's much harder to figure out who's gay because actions could mean so many things, hence why it's still reliable when it comes from their mouth. I would say the number of gay people in the Russian parliament is unknown although one could still use statistics to estimate the amount of gay people possibly in the Russian parliament.

5. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    They don't have to be gay per se. Just not heterosexual. Consistent homosexual actions would indicate that.

6. Reptillian

I do agree that's it's a strong indicator, but how would you define homosexual actions? Case-by-case scenario is important to consider at times although statistically, it's not all that relevant at large scales considering how fantasies, romance, and sexuality are seen to be of the same for the overwhelming majority of people.

7. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd consider a homosexual action a sexual act done with someone of the same sex.

8. Reptillian

Ok, fair enough although I think it depends on scenario such as whether the person is doing it for attention of the opposite sex, money, reason for experimenting, and so on. I don't want to derail this thread though, so I'm not going to respond unless I been notified I'm not derailing the thread.

#8 Reptillian, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  9. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    These are members of the Russian parliament we're talking about though, not college coeds. :grin:

10. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sexual assaults could still happen, by Russian parliamentarians who just like the feeling of sexual power, not caring about the sex of the person who they assault. It's not like that would be a shocking action for politicians (see San Diego's mayor)