1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Horrible Letter Sent to Mother of an Autistic Son

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Jared, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jared

2. wity

That is absolutely terrible. Whoever sent that letter has no heart, no feelings, and no brain

3. Jared

And probably shouldn't be allowed to have kids, we don't her passing on her bigotry to future generations.

4. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The comments are hilarious, and I have now learned a new word. It's also the first time I've ever seen the comments section say the same thing.

5. That was so hard to read. I can't believe that was real.

6. RainbowMan

I have no faith in humanity anymore :frowning2:

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whoever sent this letter is as cold-hearted as they come.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Faith in humanity is not shaken by this. Thousands of people in Yahoo, etc. are aghast at this sort of barbaric, selfish hatred. I won't say that the kid doesn't sound annoying by her description, but empathy, for the love of God. Autism isn't retardation anyway, and you have to be semi-retarded yourself to insist that it is.

I'd put her a few places ahead in the euthanasia line, personally.

9. East

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A good thing to remember is that letter tells you everything you need to know about the letter writer and says nothing at all about anyone else. It is nothing but a reflection of who she is.

10. Milhouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I would say that this is certainly a horrible letter. It's sad that this person has kids of her own and may very well end up bringing more hateful people into this world. Let us hope they aren't as sick and twisted as their mother when they get older, because this is pretty inhumane.

I hear the community is backing and supporting them now, and people aren't brushing this one off, so that's a good sign. It's awful that it happened at all, but it gives plenty of good people a chance to shine and stand up for the oppressed. :slight_smile:

11. kresukun

An interesting thing to note is that this looked like it was done in a Word document. If the person who wrote it deleted it, there is still a chance that police can recover some or the entire file from whatever computer it came from.

12. biggayguy

Have you ever heard an autistic kid? The writer has a point. The kid probably screeches like a bald eagle...constantly. Would you really want that in your neighborhood? You wouldn't be able to enjoy you back yard for several blocks. Yes, the letter could have been worded nicer. They should have worked out some kind of compromise with the neighbors.

13. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This mother should 1) take some disability awareness courses 2) learn Person First Language (PFL) and/or 3) Keep her damn comments to herself.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't matter if the word document existed or not. There's physical, tangible evidence. What's done is done. The words have been inked onto a sheet of paper. There's no undoing that.

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2013 at 06:38 PM ----------

Yes, there are a lot of autistic kids who make odd noises. But it's really not their fault for 2 reasons:

1. Their brain is wired much differently than most people's.
    2. They usually cannot control their noises.

They may have emotions and may be able to control them, but for the most part, it's much like being gay. You cannot control how your brain is wired to be aroused by the same sex. Similarly, you cannot control the fact that your basic motor skills are different and so you must control them differently. You must communicate in other ways. And if screeching is the only way, then that's what must be done.

15. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hate speech,we got that covered in Canada,we just need to know what idiot sent that

16. Eric

I went to school, and worked in school theatre with another guy who iirc is autistic. His voice was pretty loud and difficult to understand, but I never once thought to tell him to leave me alone, nor did I think he should go to a school that caters to special needs kids. As difficult as it can be to deal with people who have autism, you have to try to understand what they're going through, and what their families might be going through. What this individual did was wrong on so many levels, and there is absolutely no excusing it in my opinion.

17. East

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She suggested that the mother of the autistic child euthanize him. That is a line that you should never cross. If she had any point it got lost when she said that.

18. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She could have politely asked the mother to bring him inside if he's making an outrageous racket. It's still no excuse for the abominable language she put in that letter.

19. Minamimoto_Fan

Whomever wrote this letter, be it a "pissed-off mom" or some troll, they only show how pathetic they are. It's easy to hide behind the anonymity of an unsigned letter, but I would pay to see that vicious little viper's face when they find out who it is and confront them.

Most likely, they won't have a good defense because it'll turn out to be some troll, possibly a child/teen in the neighborhood. However, it could be a "mother" with very radical views on autism and other issues. If that is the case, I'd expect somebody that is a mini-me of Pat Robertson and thinks that people who aren't normal do not have the rights that "normal" people do. Rob Pat once answered a letter concerning wither a man could remarry because his wife had dementia/Alzheimer's (can't remember atm), and he said that it would be acceptable in the eyes of "The Lord" since it was a "form of death.

It truly disgusts me that people can think of people like the child that was the subject of the letter. They truly do not understand what those families go through with the stigmas against their own children, siblings, etc. and they do nothing make things worse. I myself have only meet a few people who were autistic, but they were some of the sweetest people I've meet. How you could have such irrational hatred over something that they clearly can not control is beyond me.

20. iHateThinking

Am I allowed to quit life yet? Seriously.

I dunno which comments were worse honestly, the part about donating the "non-retarded parts" to science or the part about euthanizing the poor kid. What kind of twisted human would tell a mother to euthanize her own child? That's beyond messed up. I wonder if this same person tells other people who "piss her off" to off themselves too.

While I can grasp being bothered by the noise (I'm not fond of loud noises in general), who the Hell is she to call the kid an animal, berate him, call him stupid/idiotic, and make him out to be less than human? Gee, I hate to be one to judge but the only person who looks like an idiot is her.

Wow. Just wow.