1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News There are no gays in Pakistan...

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by resu, Aug 26, 2013.

1. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    From the article: "Underground parties, group sex at shrines and "marriages of convenience" to members of the opposite sex are just some of the surprises that gay Pakistan has to offer. Under its veneer of strict social conformity, the country is bustling with same-sex activity."

Honestly, I find absolutely nothing surprising about this, or anything else written in the article. This is common for most anti-gay countries.

3. Holly

While it is amazing that they've found a way to express their sexuality without being threatened, it saddens me that there is little hope for them finding happiness in same-sex relationships in the long term. But then again, at least there's something, right?

4. MijSo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If so many Pakistanis people are okay with it, why not fight to make homosexuality legal?

5. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    They're not OK with it. I mean, they are, just as long as it all takes place in the closet, so they can pretend it doesn't exist.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, this is what I got out of it. I really hope publicity like this will help gays and their allies start to make progress in their country. The story about the two men living together and their families tolerating it is maybe a glimpse of that future.

7. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Also, same sort of reason its not legal (in most states) in America, unfortunately people forget that religion, opinion, and personal taste do not have a place in government.