1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Russian Landlords Use Propaganda Law to Hound Homosexuals in Their Own Homes

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Sinopaa, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Russian landlords use propaganda law to hound homosexuals in their own homes

:bang:

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Homosexualism" again as if it's a fucking choice.

Yes, people can be NICE to you! Oh, but beware of them. Because ya know, nice people are obviously soulless people that will molest you and murder you. So ya know what, just defriend your best friend. And everyone else for that matter.

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    I assume gassing gays is only 2 years away.

4. Amerigo

[YOUTUBE]sYFNfW1-sM8[/YOUTUBE]

we shall overcome!

5. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At the pace of bigotry that Russia is going gassing gays might be apart of the Olympics opening ceremonies. X_X

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not surprised. I guess the IOC, athlete's and the general population's response regarding the Olympics just shows how little consideration so-called gay friendly people really have for us.

7. DoriaN

Russia is in a bad way doing a good thing for the LGBT community... it's pushing us further by years and years of progress.

The cost is questionable for some.

8. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Clearly we are evil people who are disguised as you so we can change your sexuality because we do stupid S*** like that.

9. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    Im really considering doing propaganda at russian internet sites...definitevely considering it...hidden by animoisty of internet

10. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol

At first I thought it was just music... That bass! haha xD

But yeah, this is disgusting... ugh, i know I wasnt around for WWII and the Holocaust, so I can't really say with much certainty that things are starting to feel holocaust-y again, but if ever a nation has progressed to such since then that ive been aware of, it would be Russia.

Like, my mind tells me "Nah, that Can't happen. We live in such a civilized society for the most part compares to 70 years ago, and Putin isn't that clever to get away with something like that." But then I think of all the places where things haven't changed much socially (hell america hasn't changed "That" Much either)

It scares me a bit. When we learned about the Holocaust in school, a common element of it and the poetry of the era talked about how human weakness is so rampant; things like watching injustice occur and doing nothing about it. I always connected deeply with that thought process and understanding that many many people are passive about things that really matter. Myself included some times.

If things keep getting worse, i'll keep thinking Holocaust II, regardless of how realistic the chances are.

This is all so sad, and even if we don't always convict/legislate on a possibility in america, who seriously wants to risk it? It could even be 100x less severe in comparison, people die and thats wrong regardless of the numbers. I hate the mentality that "Its ok if a few people die ocassionally for this, but once it hits like "staggering numbers", we should do something, or bring it to world-wide attention" It needs to be stopped in its tracks entirely!... I get so frustrated when I hear no one is doing anything about it that CAN. It may not be your country, but personally I hold no social/emotional allegiance to any country, I consider myself a citizen of the Earth. All people are my fellow citizens or rather just fellow mankind xD

Just because it might not affect you does not make it necessarily any less important. Its all about perspective, and i'd reckon a good % of the worlds population could do with more Perspective in their life, to semi quote Anton Ego from Ratatouille, seriously thats all I could think when i heard him say Perspective, a sort of sub-conscious breaking through moment - a need of perspective in life that he wished other people could share in as he did.

11. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Do they really not have bigger problems to deal with than an imaginary gay threat? What a bunch of wussies, so scared of something so harmless. Pathetic

12. Ridiculous

Gay people are just like you! They dress like you! They are nice to you!

They say this like it's a bad thing? Do they not realise that when your persecution tactic is listing how we are completely normal... that you may be fighting on the wrong side?

13. Ticklish Fish

Can we shove all the anti-gay bigots and put them in russia? /sarcasm bad joke

anyways, Russia could be the new Nazi Germany minus the wars

14. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Putin needed a scapegoat to divert attention from his leadership and who better but us queers? :\

15. 2112

I find it incredibly ironic that they're making up propaganda to fight "homosexual propaganda"...

And this is probably the most ignorant thing I've ever seen:
    So...how do I "do gay propaganda"?

16. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I always felt fascinated by Russia and intended to travel there some day. Ever since I found out the near-extreme homophobic stance they held, to the point where their police refuse to look into into a young gay man's horrendous torture and killing, I can honestly say I never want to set foot there.

17. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's easier to persecute minorities than to acknowledge you're a pathetic corrupt nation and get your shit together. Look what happened in Nazi Germany.