1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News This is heartbreaking

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by tryhtwfr, Aug 29, 2013.

1. tryhtwfr

[Mod note: trigger warning for anti-gay bullying/violence]

[YOUTUBE]H3XEiSiKy-Q[/YOUTUBE]

Please watch, I was sick to the stomach watching the 20 minute video and especially what they were doing at the end to him. :icon_sad:

#1 tryhtwfr, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  2. Jordz

Its horrible what they do to him especially at the end, I just don't get how being gay is bad and what they do is completely acceptable :***: And they call themselves an organization, so it means that there will be more :tears:

3. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

This type of thing makes me so upset. I'm seriously scared to watch the video.

4. tryhtwfr

I was like biting my nails off whilst watching it! I was especially scared for the boy when the old lady suggested they beat him with sticks, I thought they would actually do it but I assume what they did at the end was pour urine on him or was that an alcoholic beverage?

5. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Urine.

---------- Post added 29th Aug 2013 at 09:38 PM ----------

People can quite easily rationalize any behavior towards a demonized minority. Remember the Holocaust? If people are capable of that, does this really surprise you?

6. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What did they do to him?

7. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what makes me more angry...the fact that that this kind of abuse is perfectly acceptable in Russia, the fact that the US media seems far more concerned with idiotic things like Miley Cyrus and the new Batman than another Holocaust developing, or the fact that most of the world is turning a blind eye about going to Russia to win stupid monitory medals in their :***: damned pointless Olympics. I just...ARGH! I hate not being able to do something to stop this kind of :***:! :bang:

8. 2112

And then there are people that actually think that what Russia is doing is good and somehow protecting people! :angry:

We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's possible that the Olympics could actually help. There are athletes willing to protest even with the threat of prison, that could go either way. But it will at least show the world what's happening in Russia.

9. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People are horrible disgusting creatures. I hope that one day we're all wiped off the face of this planet.

10. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it make me sick.

I am assuming (and i am right to as this is normally the case) the kids got this idea from the raging politics and the constant hate talk in the home and school. It just annoys me that if these parents found out they would probably be all, "oh, ok then..." or even, "good job, you beat up that low-life" its just gaaaah.

....and that is why i hate youtube. seriously wtf!

11. tryhtwfr

Russia is such a big country though, how will protesting against not performing in the Olympics hinder them. I think the whole world has been more concerned with Syria at the moment rather than issues like this but I do think if the Syria conflict is resolved that the UN could try help with the Russia issue if they are allowed to join?

12. blueberrymuffin

They could have at least given him the $. But yeah, they're seriously deranged and i noticed their "causes" of homosexuality is identical to what bigots here say. That whole mentality is dangerous.

13. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I HATE PEOPLE SO MUCH.
    Disturbing video, 20 minutes seemed like an eternity, seriously WHAT THE FUCĪš??

14. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Am I the only one who wants those people to be given the Ramsay Treatment (described in the letter)?

15. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, I was just glad they didn't do something far worse to him because, as we all know, things far worse are happening there, and going unpunished.

As most of you probably know, AllOut.org is planning demonstrations in cities around the world for Tuesday September 3 in advance of the G20 meetings in St. Petersburg, Russia. I hope everyone here will consider attending one.

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

We have no idea what happened to him after they turned the camera off. Right before the video ends they start kicking him and they talk about punishing him and fixing his homosexuality and stuff; I doubt that they all just peacefully walked away when the camera clicked off.

I do wish someone could get in touch with that kid and get him out of there, as a refugee! The Russian government, these little punks out on the street that are organized by neo-Nazi gangs with the support of the Russian government.... even that grown women on the street walking over to him to berate him as mentally ill and tell the little punks to "finish him off"(WTF is wrong with these people?)...the whole society is against him.

But the worst part I think was when he says, if his parents found out about what was happening, rather than defend him, they would join in by physically beating him for being gay. Sick people. I really hope this kid is okay right now, if the gangs didn't kill him directly, they nevertheless isolated and ostracized him so much from his society that suicide risk is very high. What hope is there of "it gets better" for a gay kid in a provincial Russian town?

17. burg

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I don't think there's any hope for a political solution in Russia in the foreseeable future. Barring any dramatic unforeseen occurrences, Putin will be president for as long as he is alive, or at least as long as he wants.

Putin remains popular with the Russian people, while Kasparov doesn't have much support in Russia. Also he is Jewish, and Jews are only slightly less hated in Russia than gays are. (And it makes good Russian propaganda to associate gays with Jews, double the hate!)

19. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This.

This.

And this.

20. burg

your right he wont gain any power or even be able to run in the see able future.Putin having getting 107% of the votes in parts of Chechnya is pretty popular i guess?. but as long as other Russia is around in the long term id hold out hope.especially if commodity prices ever fall.