1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Republican Senate Candidate Insults Gay Men, Re-Enforces Dated Gender Stereotypes

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Rakkaus, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Lonegan draws fire for 'homophobic' remarks on Cory Booker | NJ.com

[YOUTUBE]HpF6Sv2o-HU[/YOUTUBE]

So basically...
    A) Gay men aren't real men.
    B) Men who get manicures and pedicures are gay, and thus aren't real men.
    C) You're only a real man if you like stereotypical "manly" things like Scotch and cigars.

In response to a question about his opponent's sexuality, Steve Lonegan says he "personally likes being a guy"? Smells like insecurity to me, typical of straight male conservatives.

What about gay men who like Scotch and cigars...or straight men who like to get manicures and pedicures? What about those who like Scotch and cigars AND manicures and pedicures?

(Actually this idiot has ruined Scotch and cigars for me!)

Fortunately New Jersey is a liberal state, this kinda homophobic bullshit doesn't fly there, and the latest polls have this fool Lonegan at only 22% of the vote.

But we're still going to have to hear his homophobic craziness and insulting comments for the next 2 months, sending the wrong message to any children listening.

2. 2112

I'm so sick of hearing about homophobic bigots. I'm glad these guys are old...

3. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well Mr. Lonegan, I hate to tell you this, but cigars and smoke swapping are a pretty big fetish in the gay community.

4. Dave5432

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The rumors about Booker have been around for a long time. Even Booker himself has addressed them. I don't think anyone really cares, though.

5. Foxface

I am so on the fence with this BS...here's what I mean before someone ets upset with me

On one hand I just don't care what bigots think. They are increasingly moving into the the minority fortunately

Now here is the problem...as foolish as these folks are, they always have the chance to affect decisions made of county, state and federal levels...

I am so tired of all of it

Foxface