1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Vet's Affairs dept ordered to obey SCOTUS

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dragonbait, Aug 29, 2013.

1. I'm surprised the VA put up a fight. The military came round on the benefits issue pretty much as soon as the decision on SCOTUS came down. To see an agency supposed to be helping former members of the military stall when the military itself won't baffles me.

2. biggayguy

It could have been those that supported DOMA.

3. Foxface

As much as I love my beloved military, they responded so quickly to the SCOTUS because they HAD to. There was plenty of opposition present unfortunately. It does not surprise one bi that VA stalled...it's sad but true

I am glad that it was pushed though

Foxface

4. Well, the military did have the option to try and stall like the VA. That they didn't makes me proud.

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some some protests on this today, and im visiting some family in the middle of now where.

6. DMark69

Does this mean I can add my husband's income to apply for a VA Loan now?

7. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Well, VA loans were being road blocked to same sex couples under the auspices of Title 38, which was the specific subject of this ruling, so that would infer they will have to allow it. You may just need to wait for the VA to get their sh*t together, [sarcasm font] but how long should that take? [/sarcasm font]

I found an email address you could use to find out for sure if and when, but that big yellow box with the warning at the top of this page makes me wonder if I'm allowed to post it here. So instead, here's the link to the page where I found it, Contact Us there's phone numbers too, if that's easier, and they're also having some kind of online workshop in September on Financial Services, might be worth checking out.

Good luck! I hope it works out for you. As a veteran you deserve it. Thank you for your service!