1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Changing face of America's population

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Tightrope, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's yet another article on how the single population is increasing in this country. I'm referring to the U.S.

There's something kind of wrong, or right, with the article's picture. Anyhow, interesting statistics which have changed over the decades:

More US men living aloneThe Men's Department blog - MSN Living

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, no takers on the suggestive picture shown? I mean, barefoot, relaxed, and a bed that's right there. Eh, maybe it's a studio apartment and he had a hard day at work.

3. twink182

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The picture seems fine to me, except my bed isn't in the middle of my living room, and that guy's furnishings are a lot nicer than mine - not all of us have an eye for interior design lol!

4. Tim

Tim

I could never sleep next to a sliding glass door. >_>

5. Ridiculous

Yeah full length pants with bare feet that is awful.

Also that chair is gonna make it impossible to run and jump on the bed.

6. Sarcastic Luck

..Suggestive how?

Only thing wrong I see is that sliding glass door needs some curtains over it.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The body language -wow! Yes, it looks like all his rental furniture hasn't been delivered, or the complex was dry cleaning his curtains.

8. Ticklish Fish

a lot of the comments are on how men are not going to marry for pitfall or trap or something....
    or like nagging wives, etc.

I don't know how I should feel for hetero men... :/

#8 Ticklish Fish, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that, even though the guy pictured was attractive and got the imagination going, the article probably points to a growing number of straight men who are delaying or passing up on marriage. Financial issues is largely the biggest reason according to most studies. They make enough money, it took a while to get there, they got accustomed to being on their own, and they don't want their routines changed. I think this stuff is fascinating.

10. Ticklish Fish

well, if i have so much money I wouldn't want to be tie down so fast anyways :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

PS. that guy was attractive? I missed that :rofl:

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I think this is a positive development. The less married people, the better. Too many people choose to get married young, and end up wasting away their youth and their lives. A majority of marriages will end up in divorce anyway.

Personally I don't see myself getting married. At least, not before maybe age 40 or so, if I live that long. I'd like to have relationships, definitely, but marriage? Nah, it's unnecessary.

People who get married tend to be more conservative, while people who don't get married tend to be more liberal. (In the 2012 election, Romney won both married men and married women, while Obama won both non-married men and non-married women). So less marriage is also an indicator of increased liberalism.

As for the picture, he's okay, but not like drop-dead gorgeous imo. While I like the brightness of his room, I would prefer more color in a bedroom, that seems more like a look for a living room.

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right, Rakkaus. It almost plays out perfectly that, of the people I knew who did marry, the earlier they married, the more conservative and traditional they were. As for the ones who got married the week after graduating from college, they are LONG GONE as friends. LONG GONE. LOL. I've had friends who married at non-traditional ages, and they have been more liberal, more independent within their marriages, and quirkier (good quirkier) in general. Again, this is with people I've known.

The world has changed so quickly. This is no longer the era of baseball, mom, and apple pie ... for so many Americans. I don't see getting married. The longer I've been unmarried, the less I want to be. I'm so minimalistic, the last thing I need is a significant other. Friends are good to have, though.