1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News N.M. Republican Said Gay Men Should Stop ‘Whoring’ And Marry Women

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dan82, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Dan82

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...y-men-should-stop-whoring-and-marry-women.php

2. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    “Procreation through the natural acts of men and women is the unique aspect of marriage.”

See, this is what happens when you leave sex ed to the Bible.

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is coming from a guy who thinks god impregnates women, not men.

4. Sarcastic Luck

"Natural acts of procreation".

So...Uh...What about sterile people?

5. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Under his logic, we then should have no marriage except between women and God. :grin:

6. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! God and Mary weren't married. FORNICATION!!! O_O

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Per the Bible, God created a woman because "it isn't good for a man to be alone", interesting...he told all creatures to be fruitful and multiply, yet the main purpose for the creation of Eve was that he should not be alone.

People should read the Good Book a little more before starting their own interpretations of things; reading the plain language is most enlightening.

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Still loling @ this idiot citing Alexander the Great as an example for gay men to follow, apparently thinking of him as a good moral Christian who stopped "whoring around" to become heterosexual.

9. tryhtwfr

I don't mean to kill the "fun" but I think some of you shouldn't be rude about someone's beliefs such as the story where Mary was believed to be made pregnant by God. I'm sure there are still gay people out there that still want to be associated with Christianity and want to be Christians so I think it really is disrespectful if you are making fun out of someone's belief despite their ignorance about homosexuality.

10. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree... I was gonna say that too. I am glad I am not the only party pooper around here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Where was someone being rude about that?

12. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    read 3 posts above his...

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Merely stating someone's beliefs doesn't constitute rudeness.

Christian doctrine really does teach that Mary was impregnated by God, not by another man, and Mary certainly wasn't married to God.

14. AquaRegia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That is not stating, that is mockery...and we both know that. I like how you neglected the last part too. The point of the news was to bring up an issue, and I am sure it was not intended that way by the OP.

15. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I still see no evidence of any mockery. Some posters stated accurate beliefs of Christianity, these are actual Christian doctrines, not made-up ideas. Pointing out the hypocrisy of Christians like the N.M. Republican in the OP, in light of what they believe, is not mockery.

16. tryhtwfr

I understand that everyone has their own opinions on different beliefs like some people may think it's true or think it's false but the way in which I read the comments posted above "merely stating someone's beliefs" was not pleasant and despite the person's ignorance on the matter of Homosexuality, I don't think in turn we should stoop that low to indirectly comment very nastily about one's beliefs. Now, that may be my opinion on the subject as you can't really judge the tone of how the comments were said or what the intentions of the comments really were as it is after all, the internet.

Also, I'm not saying that Christianity doesn't teach in some way that Mary was impregnated by God and as much as that may sound "stupid" to you or impossible, it is the truth to some people (Christians) and they hold it to be something that did happen.

And I'm not trying to be nasty or target anyone in saying that they should disregard their opinions but I just think that in future that people should be more sensitive of what they say and how it could be interpreted . I'm not a Christian but I just felt a really nasty sarcastic vibe given off from those comments.

17. RainyViolinist

I'm gonna have to side with AquaRegia here, it's one thing to state your beliefs on religion , but its a whole different animal to poke fun of someone else's religious beliefs, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you. It was quite obvious that it was meant to be a jab at religions that believe in the Bible's teachings.

18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Considering how religion is and has been for centuries used as a weapon to bludgeon LGBTQ people, to deny them rights, to imprison then, to bully them, to murder them...poking fun at the hypocrisy of yet another religious homophobe is a pretty healthy activity for LGBTQ people to engage in.

Any religious person who claims to be "persecuted" by queer people is a malicious liar. We hear it all the time from the "Focus on the Family" groups, people like Bryan Fischer whining about how big bad gay bullies are persecuting Christians. Christian rights is the new civil rights movement, the Christian Holocaust is approaching thanks to the gay bullies who have all the power. Insanity.

Queer people are in no position to exert any power or deny any rights to religious people. The religious are not some persecuted minority, but a very powerful majority group, it makes a mockery of real discrimination to pretend the complaints of religious are in any way comparable or legitimate.

19. RainyViolinist

I see what you're saying, but are we going to get anywhere if we just shoot insults right back at the religious community? We can't just mock them because they have mocked us in the past if we want to be treated as equals. Us LGBT folk have to be the bigger person and respect them and their views, and maybe they'll respect us. Insulting each other will just deepen the divide between LGBTs and the religious community. Fighting fire with fire doesn't really work in practice. This is coming from a Buddhist who is seriously questioning whether or not there is a God.

#19 RainyViolinist, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  20. tryhtwfr

Sorry but that is wrong on so many levels! In no way do I consider that healthy and nor do I engage in poking fun of someone's belief whether they be a homophobe or not.

Also, I don't want to come across as rude but I don't think I want to participate further in this discussion with you, I've already said what I've got to say about what I think of the comments and how in future they should be more sensitive as there are Gay people who do still consider themselves Christians and the way you are approaching this situation is really insensitive. I really think you should re-evaluate what you are saying as it seems a bit like 'oh they did this to us in the past and they are still doing it so we should give it back to them and act exactly like them by doing X'. You really are taking this further than it should have gone and I know how it feels for someone to make fun of my beliefs (to an extreme level) which is why I stood up against those comments which were made above.

#20 tryhtwfr, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013