1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News *TW* Ariel Castro: Convicted Cleveland kidnapper/rapist found dead in cell

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Sep 3, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For those of you who don't know who Ariel Castro was, he was the man that held two women captive in Cleveland, Ohio for over a decade. One of the captives had his child. He was convicted of kidnapping and rape and was serving a life sentence in jail. Until now..

More here

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sad that he felt he had to die, but at least nobody could argue he really was repentant.

3. SilverGirl

that asshole deserved the same torture he did to those girls, he got away too easy

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How exactly does this happen? I thought prison watch personnel were supposed to do rounds so prisoners don't hang themselves, which is what I believe he did. History repeats itself over and over on this one. A Senator or some other influential politician, possibly from MI, if I recall, did this after being incarcerated for some type of inappropriate contact or rapport with a minor. Then, the Craigslist killer who was a medical student (hello?) at Boston Univ. and had a fiancee (hello?) was also found dead in his cell. I wonder if the prison management turns a blind eye and says "we got there too late," because they know the general prison population would be merciless on a high profile criminal. Both O.J. Simpson and Bernie Madoff have already had their scrapes, and we're probably not getting the whole story either.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually he held three women in his home, not two.

6. DoriaN

7. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

And beat them mercilessly for TEN YEARS and fathered a child by one and then had the audacity to attempt to gain custody of that female child after they were rescued.

I wish I believed in a god so I could find satisfaction in the thought of him burning in hell. :evil:

8. DoriaN

Agreed.

His life was over regardless when the sentence was read... still, he was such a coward he couldn't take even a tenth of the time the girls were imprisoned. A person can seek salvation, but he died a monster.

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He wasn't worth the money to keep him in prison. I don't think he deserved to die, but he didn't deserve to live.

10. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he was planning on killing himself as soon as he was arrested. He was a control freak who wanted to choose when he went out, and not have someone else do it for him. Needless to say he got an easy way out.

11. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    He deserved life in solitary.

12. Hexagon

If he wanted to die, he should have been allowed to. I'm afraid I don't think much of calls for eternal torture. In fact, they make my faith in humanity go into the negatives. Torturing him of forcing him to spend life in prison would have helped no one, and would be a terrible abuse of human rights.

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. RainyViolinist

What about those poor girls? What human rights were they given when he beat, raped, and abused them for years? He has no right to choose when he can leave this Earth when he has taken the rights of others. I wish they had rescesiutated him so he could spend the rest of his pathetic life shriveling away. These girls didn't get the justice they deserve for the heinous acts he committed.

15. Aussir

You know... I really doubt he suicided... I think he had a little help dying... if you catch my drift...

Oh... and GOOD RIDDANCE :***: !

16. DoriaN

Well he made a deal to AVOID the death penalty... although pedophilia even in prison is pretty bad and other inmates would rough him up.
    Though considering he was away and seperated from other inmates it seems to be suicide, which is still odd.

17. Aussir

Doesn't have to be the inmates... :wink:

18. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A refreshing case of someone who is not worth the air that he breathes and knows it, so he decides to save tax payers money for the next few decades...awesome result, win-win I'd say.

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And torturing him relieves their grievances? They're not going to be able to get anything from torture. Please don't think that torture is anything but a sadistic show of power. It's never justified. As a form of punishment it is a severe abuse of human rights and a disgusting act of dominance. He did wrong, but no amount of torture could reverse that. He's dead now, and the least we can do is focus on the real problem; men who get away with rape because of the sexist legal systems.

20. Hun

Hun

Good. Hope it wasn't painless.