1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 8 year old dies after wedding night with 40 year old husband (Trigger: Rape)

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ridiculous, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Ridiculous

Huffington Post

No points for guessing what I blame for this.

2. Bryar Thorne

wow.. i had to open this to see if i read the title right.. that's so sad :frowning2: poor little girl.. :frowning2: i can't believe things like this happen in the world..

3. East

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah...so many things are "un-Islamic" Things that are inconvenient for "very Islamic" men....the ones who make and interpret the laws.

4. Ardelia

Ardelia Guest

This made me physically ill, the sheer depravity of a culture that lets this happen, unbelievable. Rest in peace you poor girl, and many other poor girls before you, and the ones that will certainly come after. What a sad and ugly world we live in.:tears:

5. Emulator

That is quite devastating. It's a pity that some don't see children as children, or even teenagers, but as long as they are of age to be married they are considered adults.

6. Just Jess

She had to be so scared :cry: Everyone probably made her feel so good about getting married too.

Shouldn't have read this before work.

7. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, totally agree. Now that I read this I'm too pissed to go to sleep. T^T

8. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For once again, I hate humanity.

9. Hexagon

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  11. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm guessing this is also one of those countries where homosexual acts might incur a penalty as harsh as the death sentence. It's sort of like "two peas in a pod." Well, at least there are countries where Islam is the dominant religion, yet the social mores are reasonably relaxed. I'm thinking of Turkey.

Along the same lines, when practitioners of Islam emigrate to other countries, such as ones in Europe, and one of their daughters wants to "Westernize" and takes up with a local guy, some families have killed their daughters and considered it a justifiable "crime of honor." I'll bet that no even is even judging this guy. Couldn't he have found a 20 year old, for instance? In the modern world, a 40 year old finding a 30 year old is an "achievement" of sorts.

#11 Tightrope, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup, this most DEFINITELY happened in a homosexual relationship! Isn't that right, Mr. Fischer? Of course. Now, let's get back to Mr. Robinson's rant on how all pedophiles are homosexual (and vice versa) and how to prevent it with toothpaste and a fork.

Seriously, I'd love to see an argument on how this works within the "Gay agenda"

#12 Jinkies, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  13. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    THIS IS JUST SICK,how would parents let a 40 year old creep mary their 8 year old?
    Apparently raping a child to death is verry Islamic according to Yemenese lawmakers.

14. Wells

Wells Guest

I read about this in Metro... How sick! That 8 year old probably doesnt know what love is, and once she is in her twenties he'll be in a wheelchair. For fucks sake people wake up! We do what we want in life, tryimg to avoid affecting other people's lives negatively. So why thrust a mere 8 year old into a paedo marriage? Not being rude, but that girl might be better off dead rather than deal with that. I would feel better off definitely...

15. GirlWhoWaited

This is disgusting, particularly because I'm not at all surprised. This is so common in some places.... :frowning2:

16. Ohhai

So sad :'(

17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stuff like this makes my skin crawl. How is this even legal?

18. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't really comprehend what kind of sick, twisted individuals would allow this to happen nor the people who actually carry them out. It's so disgusting. It's almost so disgusting that it's hard to believe this is modern reality in certain areas of the world.

19. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Qu'uran isn't a good basis of morality, but I don't remember it saying to rape pre-pubescent girls for pleasure is a man's right. She was innocent, and he and the society that has been corrupted out of its mind is responsible for her death.

Why is this any better than the Taliban? Oh, wait, the Taliban don't have oil.

20. Ridiculous

What makes such a horrific crime even worse is that it these sorts of marriages were previously illegal, and they chose to legalise them. They voted to allow this to happen.

If this had happened while this sort of marriage was illegal, it would still be terrible but it would at least not be legitimised.
    If this had happened while it was legal but was a leftover law from a bygone era that hadn't yet been removed, it would still be terrible but at least it could be universally condemned.

But no - this used to be illegal, until living, modern people running the country said "no, we want this". A concious effort was made to allow this to happen. Isn't religion wonderful.