1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Anti-Gay Bullying by South Carolina Teacher Leads to Students Suicide Attempt

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Sinopaa, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Full article here:Lawsuit alleges anti-gay bullying by Charleston, S.C. high school teacher

#1 Sinopaa, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  2. You have no idea how bad I wish bullying like this could bring an assault or manslaughter charge. Unfortunately, there is no way we can make that work without it devolving into "SHE CALLED MY DAUGHTER A BITCH LOCK HER ASS UP!" every time two teens who don't like each other get into a nasty argument and one of them runs to a parent.

#2 Cassindra Starlight, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  3. Bolin

I wish I could say that this surprises me, but given the location of this incident, my own state, it honestly doesn't. I've heard many teachers throughout my years in school say homophobic things, not necessarily at students, but in general.

4. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    And people are so schocked when school shootings happen...

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fucking disgusted.

6. lukeluvznicki13

Disgusting. Really sad that people have to be so immature and horrid! People need to get over themselves. People should be able to date and have relationships with anyone they want to have it with, regardless of race, gender etc.
    It is sad how people get involved in other people's relationships o.e

7. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had to change schools several times, so I remember all kinds of teachers, Most of them thankfully as good as anyone could wish for, but some were criminally awful (that guy who taught history in a rural middle school while casually slipping all kinds of ethnic slurs and a theory that Communism was a Jewish conspiracy...) some viciously homophobic (It was like "game-face" from Buffy... The coolest and most open-minded lady in town turning into a viciously snarling dog the moment any news of anything gay are mentioned... Particularly jarring since before I first saw her like that I nearly had a teacher-crush on her...) and some just more concerned with their egos than their pupils...

But NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM would stoop so low as this PoS. Encouraging bullying by classmates? SERIOUSLY? :***: :tantrum: I can't imagine what kind of sociopathic idiot would do that, and what kind of school staff would look the other way. If there's a way to get that guy permanently barred from any contact with kids, they should do that. Then fire the asses of everyone responsible in any way.

"I couldn't eat enough to vomit enough." Don't quite remember who said it, I think it was Christopher Hitchens, but it sums my feelings perfectly.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can someone explain how this case can work when she files as Jane Doe? Is this a normal thing? Is this legal?

9. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^Probably not.

I remember having a similar kind of teacher, but he never really truly believed a word he said. For example, one of the classmates with a significantly larger ego than everyone else came in with an earring. The teacher said something along the lines of "That's a woman's thing, innit?" This same teacher also said "ring of fire" in a terrible Johnny Cash impression every time the words escaped his lips and played the song on loop when we took the quiz about volcanoes. However, he was strongly against true discrimination and bullying and proved that he could be serious about things, and when he was, there was no such thing as the "Mr. South Park". I also remember him telling us that if his jokes toward us got uncomfortable (he had a joke about everyone. Mine was about how light I was, and that celebrities such as Paris Hilton were heavier than me), then we could tell him that and he'd stop.

So even my Earth science teacher who made jokes about everyone wasn't this bad.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, happens all the time. In fact, one of the most famous Supreme Court cases, Roe vs Wade, was filed by "Jane Roe", which was a psuedonym because the plaintiff did not want it publicly known that she was seeking an abortion (it being a Big Deal at that time.)

In this case, the attorney is filing on behalf of the plaintiff under a psuedonym to protect the anonymity of her son. And unless some shady newspaper reports his name, it should be able to stay anonymous.

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish somebody would bully that teacher into killing himself.

12. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ No, no. That's not how we go about doing things. That's the kind of mentality that gives ammo to those who are anti-gay, and it's extremely counterproductive to what we're trying to do, especially here on this site. Yes, what he did was extremely uncalled for, but wishing for someone's death isn't going to help our case.

13. ReginaGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is just disgusting and tragic, especially because the teacher is/was in a position of authority as an educator.

14. blueberrymuffin

I can't take any law seriously until they start cracking down on "adults" like this who receive public salary and live just to make kids' lives miserable. This is also why i can't take K-12 seriously, go figure.

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2013 at 04:49 PM ----------

Also how is that teacher not fired? I keep saying if schools can't be made safe, just shut them down.

15. swimmertriangle

I'm disgusted, and this teacher should be ashamed of himself. As should every other teacher that has ever said anything purposely offensive.