1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Navy yard shooting: DC police confirm 12 dead including gunman

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Beware Of You, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just came to the conclusion that if the US still dosent want to ban MGs,they should atleast not allow them to get into the hands of psychopats....

3. Holly

Man, this hurts... It's sad that people can be so cold-hearted and not care for their fellow human beings.

This is super crappy...

4. Gallatin

Horrible. My thoughts are with the victims' families.

5. qwr42

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this happened right near the school where my sister works, they had leave early :/

my heart goes out to the families of the victims and anyone there to witness it.

6. Emberstone

That is what happens when the constitution is ignored. the 2nd ammendment states clearly that the right to bear arms is to be 'well regulated'.

the NRA is nothing more than an organization run by Terrorists that contrasts majorly with the views of the members who join it, but are not represented by the top brass of of the group.

nearly 90% of nra members agreed with universal background checks for gun purchases. but the NRAl Quaida threatened all republican politicians with ruin if they voted for it, and progress was killed.

7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is disgusting. How can even Republicans let this happen on a regular basis. I can't believe I'm even able to truthfully write that; a regular basis. Gun control is long overdue.

I feel very sorry for those who lost their lives, and their friends and family. Twelve dead. As many as a hundred emotionally scarred for life.

8. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

We either need stricter gun control laws, or the politicians that let this happen will continue to have blood on their hands. We need common sense gun regulation.

9. 2112

It's horrible that this happens so often that it isn't even really surprising anymore. I first heard about it at school and actually heard someone say "Oh, another shooting," because we're so desensitized to it. And conservatives still have the nerve to criticize gun control because of their "Second Amendment rights".

10. These shootings make up such a tiny percentage of gun murders that I feel it is irresponsible to use them in making policy decisions, especially since gun crime has been dropping for years. I can't justify taking away constitutional rights in the absence of a clear epidemic, especially when it takes cops several minutes to reach you and people still want to eliminate gays. Better to enforce the gun laws we have and ignore than to keep making pointless new laws to punish people for wanting some protection.

#10 Cassindra Starlight, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  11. Stripe101

This happens so often it doesn't even phase me anymore.

I think something's wrong with me.

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2013 at 10:51 PM ----------

[​IMG]

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People with a history of mental illness are already not allowed to get any kind of gun, which is what surprises me most about how he got them. The DC police said he had a long history of mental problems that made him dangerous.

And the shooting was done with a shotgun and pistols; no mention of automatics.