1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Putin: Berlusconi persecuted for being straight

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Adi, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Putin claims Berlusconi is being persecuted for being heterosexual

Russian President Vladimir Putin has told a group of journalists that people would have ignored disgraced Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi’s sex with an underage prostitute if he was gay.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has made the extraordinary claim that former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is being persecuted because of his heterosexuality over claims he had sex with an underage prostitute.

‘Berlusconi is being tried because he lives with women,’ Putin said Thursday in Valdai, Russia.

- See more at: Putin claims Berlusconi is being persecuted for being heterosexual | Gay Star News

Suuuuure.

2. 2112

What? That sounds like something from The Onion...

3. Ridiculous

What the fuuuuuckk

It's obvious that Putin is evil but I at least thought he had some sort of sinister intelligence... apparently not.

4. Mysz

Pisses me off. Putin turns a blind eye to all the hate crimes going on against homosexuals in Russia, and then tries to argue that it's the heterosexuals who are suffering and being discriminated against.

5. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't be silly. He's knows quite well what's going on... and it puts a satisfied grin on his face.

6. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Geez, am I glad Berlusconi is out. Talk about a manipulative, corrupt, womanizing buffoon. I'm sure the pressure will be kept up on his past shadiness; he's made a lot of enemies over the years.

7. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Berlusconi is being persecuted for being garbage. Unfortunately, he may avoid jail time because of his age. However, he could still get it up for 17 year old girls, as reported, so he is healthy enough to go to jail. He can take credit for whittling away at his country's middle class. It's sad that the world is a village this way: it's becoming more have and have not.

8. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just rolled my eyes so hard reading this that I think I just detached a retina. My God, Putin is really reaching for hate... :bang:

9. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if Berlusconi had been found to have been having sex with men, he'd have lost his damn job.

10. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Putin really just wants to be seen, doesn't he? Even he must be able to see that he's missed the point on Berlusconi by 1000 parsecs and twisted logic's arm until it broke. Not to mention that his claim that if Berlusconi had been getting it on with 17 y/o guys the state would've just let it slide is BS.

11. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    True. If Berlusconi were gay, he never would've become a major political figure in Italy in the first place.

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2013 at 08:56 PM ----------

Most of his fan base (including the international one, made up of people whose political persuasion compels them to frequent sites such as freerepublic.com) seems to be agreeing with him, despite all the lack of logic in his assertions.

12. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just... how... do people believe that? Have they not thought to themselves that the issue is over underage sex and not heterosexuality, since if it was the state of Italy would be imprisoning every politician with a spouse?

"Berlusconi is being tried because he lives with women"... All I have to say to that is :bang:

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Vlad and Silvio are old pals, cut from the same cloth, two old-time crooks running corrupt mafia-like states in bed with big business, and lining their own pockets handsomely in the process. They epitomize comical evil, though Silvio is more the comical, while Vlad is more the evil. (I remember being in Italy at the time the scandal of septuagenarian Berlusconi's 'bunga bunga' parties broke in the press, Italian politics is nothing if not comical- while Russian politics is nothing if not evil)

Vlad comes from a Russian culture where bedding an underage girl is something for creepy old straight men to pat each other on the back over, it's a notch in their belts. Creepy behavior by old men is the norm in Russia.

When I was in Moscow, my role as 'gay best friend' took on a new purpose; for example I remember being asked to go to this outdoor bazaar with these two girls, walking shoulder in shoulder with them, to look like we were together and thus try to minimize the creepy flirting and cat-calls and borderline sexual harassment that had ruined their previous trip to the market by themselves. (It worked, somewhat)

Another time this old guard at our university campus was drunk and while a girl was just down there chatting with him, he came up and kissed and groped her. (This girl was a bit of a bitchy slut who was disliked by the rest of the girls as well as myself, and spent all her time chasing and sleeping around with guys, but even for her it was quite a shocking incident)

However, meanwhile, any sexual or romantic activity between consenting adults of the same-sex is of course totally taboo and arouses extreme hatred and contempt in Russian culture. Whereas behaving creepily and abusing young girls is considered a manly testament to Russian heterosexual virility, homosexuality is the opposite; particularly male homosexuality, as it is seen as a disgraceful feminization of oneself, incompatible with traditional Russian virility.

So the point of all this, is that Russian attitudes toward sex and human sexuality are severely screwed up. And I'm not sure if there is anything than can be done to change it, since the rot goes from a drunken bum on the seediest street corner up through the police and authorities right up to the dictatorial President of Russia himself.

And of course Putin would weave all these tendencies together in defense of his old pal Berlusconi, the two men made quite a bit of money for each other. I would not be surprised if Putin actually believes what he is saying though, thinking that Western countries like Italy have become so corrupted by homosexuality that they would persecute a man for being heterosexual, and laughably implying that the West would let that same man get away scot-free if he had been sleeping with underage boys instead.

14. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Silvio is comical and evil, as any political person who succeeds in Italy would almost have to be.

There were two really funny events. In one, Silvio was at a summit with Eurozone leaders and Obama was there. While Merkel and others acted dignified, Silvio was waving and yelling "Mr. Obama, Mr. Obama." I don't have time to look for a YouTube of that right now. The other is that someone with an anger control issue threw a statue, reportedly of Milan's Cathedral, at Silvio's face while he was in Milan and it knocked out a tooth or two, and caused some lacerations. The sources report that this man was mentally ill. LOL. Was he? As for the first event, most Italians were embarrassed that their leader was such a dork. As for the second event, most Italians found it comical.

#14 Tightrope, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  15. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    The people on said site were using the Sandusky case as an example of how gay people "get away with it" (obviously doesn't make any sense, but whatevs). Then they started exchanging "gay" with "pedophile", which are apparently synonyms to them (it didn't occur to them to use the term pedophile in the first place though, as there's no evidence Sandusky is gay).

#15 Adi, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  16. TheUglyBarnacle

You got me to it.

17. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Would've been lynched and strung up by his intestines...

And this bat shit claim is nothing less of what I'd expect of damn Vladimir shirt-allergic-troll Putin.

18. lukeluvznicki13

19. Emberstone

berlusconi is persecuted for being a pedophile sex maniac who rapes underage girls that he gets drunk and drugged up.

20. Saint Otaku

‘Policies are being pursued that place on the same level a multi-child family and a single-sex partnership, faith in God and belief in Satan...’

I think it's a bit funny he tries to contrasts ideal here, and yet faith in the Christian God usually goes hand-in-hand with a belief in satan, whereas a lack of faith leads one to not believe in satan.

O, the hypocrisy and ignorance of these stagnant nations!