1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News IOC: Anti-Gay Laws in Russia do not violate Olympic Charter

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Cthulhu, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Cthulhu

2. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Apartheid didn't go against the IOC charter either,says the IOC

3. LILuke

The IOC is absolutely spineless. They're so afraid of inciting even the teeniest bit of controversy that they still to this day have REFUSED to allow for even a simple moment of silence for the victims of the 1972 Munich Massacre, when 11 Israeli Olympians were kidnapped and killed by Palestinians and Neo-Nazis.

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, the Olympics are mostly just a corporate, money-making scam. The ideas of sportsmanship and fairness have long receeded into the background, if they ever existed at all.

They have become p*ssing contests to see which countries can spend the most money to train and pump full of drugs the 'best' atheletes, such that the respective countries can go about gloating to themselves in a nationalistic fashion.

~

The only thing I like are the guys in skin-tight outfits in some of the events.

5. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, let's not blame the IOC as much as the companies that would have raised hell over not being able to promote the biggest corporate event every four years. I think the Olympics need to be abolished. Things like this happen because sponsors can get angry at the committees and governments that try to do good.

6. GayTornado

7. Aquilo

Agreed :icon_bigg

I hate it though when television networks show:
    -A close-up, only showing the face.
    -A shot showing the full body, but with a box with name, nationality etc. over their entire body, so you still only see feet and face..
    -Or when they just zoom out so far you wouldn't even recognise who's who... :dry:

8. Hexagon

I've been pissed at the IOC for years. Its not actually possible to worsen my opinion of them.

9. RainyViolinist

: / Well I guess all we can do now is hope everyone stays safe during the duration of the Olympics. God knows what might happen to any gay athletes. It's depressing that it's so obvious Russia is doing something wrong, but we can't really do anything to help LGBT folks in the country.

10. LILuke

This pretty much sums it up. The IOC probably wouldn't even speak out against a country that was eating babies. God forbid we offend the baby-eaters.