1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News University of Mississippi students heckle and harrass cast of "The Laramie Project"

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by wickerpark, Oct 3, 2013.

1. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ole Miss students, football team disrupt ‘Laramie Project’ play with gay slurs – LGBTQ Nation

This makes me really sad...

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: University of Mississippi students heckle and harrass cast of "The Laramie Projec

Let me check my calendar. So, 2014 will be here in less than 3 months. I see.

This is one good reason why people should look at those websites where current students and alumni sound off, and actually listen to stereotypes of the personalities of various universities in the U.S. before making a decision to attend.

3. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: University of Mississippi students heckle and harrass cast of "The Laramie Projec

I agree. The university has also had a time with racism in the past and present. After Barack Obama was re-elected there was actually a riot on the campus. I'd really hate to send the message that it's a horrible school, or that all the students there are close-minded and hateful. Of course that's not true. But there are clearly some issues and something has to be done.

4. Sabinian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

They're probably just p*ssed that they were shut out by 'Bama last week. It's a terrible way to take anger out.

5. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Wow...if that happened here, at The University of Maryland, those students would probably get suspended or face some definite consequences. One thing we don't tolerate here is intolerance.

6. Zam

Zam

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

What the actual fuck?
    I thought only smart people went to University?...

Wow... America did it again.

7. wickerpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that no one will receive any type of discipline or punishment, although the university has issued an apology as did one of the football players. The worst they'll get is a boring hour-long seminar on tolerance that will go right past their heads. Then it's back to the field to be worshiped as heroes.
    I really have nothing against football or any sports, and I wish only the best for the football program, but something isn't right here.

8. LILuke

This is absolutely disgusting - the fact that the people who did this are not going to be reprimanded in the slightest, but rather are going to continue to be glorified whilst receiving a free education is an absolute disgrace.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Never been more disgusted. Well ok I have but still