1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News PA: GOP governor compares same-sex marriage to incest

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Oct 4, 2013.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There they go again!

I get so tired of same sex marraige being compared to incest, bestiality, pedophilia, and who knows what else.

I'd love to see gay marraige in PA, as that would cement every state, from Maryland to Maine...but the PA statehouse is Republican. There is, however, a lawsuit pending, and this is where things stand a better chance of changing.

I hope this bozo is also voted out, and am happy to see his approval rating so low. Maybe I'll head up to PA, and volunteer to campaign for whoever his democratic opponet is. Then, they'll have a better chance at redistricing, and possibly getting rid of some Republican seats in congress, as well.

#1 HuskyPup, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tom Corbett's own staff knows he's dead in the water. He's down 10 points a full year before the election. When you have a 17% approval rating, you're done, and you know it.

3. LILuke

I hate that we keep coming back to this idiotic argument about how letting same sex couples marry will lead to pedophilia or bestiality or whatever the freak else the latest flavor of the day fear mongering is. It's not just insulting to LGBT people, it's insulting to everyone they try to spoonfeed this bull shit to!

4. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    NOt surprised, but I kinda lol'd when the lady interviewing him was like "Uh... I'm going to leave the comments to you and your team" Her face showed that she was like Why is he trying to rope me into this?!'

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Corbett is toast. I see the democrats taking back quite a few governorships in 2013 and 2014.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Democrats will probably win in Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Maryland, Maine, Colorado, New York, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Oregon, Vermont, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Minnesota, and as of this moment in time, Virginia, though the election is a month away. Democrats have a chance at winning in Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Arkansas, and Illinois. Democrats are unlikely, but nonetheless have a chance in Arkansas, South Carolina, and Texas.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Doesn't really matter what Corbett says because he won't be re-elected next year. At this point, Republicans would be better off replacing Corbett with another Republican in the election (the congressman I interned for could be an option).

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2013 at 07:11 PM ----------

They have a chance, but I'm going to guess Republicans hold on to Ohio and Michigan.

Overall, Republicans will likely still hold the majority of governor seats.

#7 Mike92, Oct 5, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mark Schauer's campaign for governor is the first time I'm going to volunteer/get involved for a political campaign. I've also been saving my pennies and doing research into being a delegate to the 2016 DNC. If they hold the convention in Chicago or Milwaukee, I could potentially drive there.