1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Openly Gay Boxer Orlando Cruz Wears Rainbow Trunks, Pink Gloves.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Oct 13, 2013.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It has been just over a year since professional boxer Orlando Cruz decided to publicly reveal he is gay. Since coming out, Cruz has been open about discussing his homosexuality and even proposed to his boyfriend publicly using Facebook. On Saturday during his fight against Orlando Salido, Cruz will be using his gear to support the LGBT community and raise awareness for breast cancer.

More here: Gay boxer Orlando Cruz to wear rainbow trunks, pink gloves during fight | Larry Brown Sports

He lost the fight by TKO in the 7th round, but he definitely gained me as a fan, and I'm not the biggest fan of boxing. What do you all think of this? Would you like to see more athletes do stuff like this to show their support for the LGBT community?

2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I come from a cultural background where we keep these sorts of things to ourselves. I mean it is fine to tell your family members and friends, but I'm not a fan of revealing your personal life to the public.

Of course as long as he happy then that is all that matters.