1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Christie says he'd hug his gay child, but would oppose their right to marry

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 16, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. Fiddledeedee

Would his gay child hug him back?

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They probably couldn't get their arms around him.

4. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, a hug still doesn't make up for the fact that he thinks that gay people are his inferiors.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not a New Jersey-ite, but I've heard enough about Christie to know that I despise him. I really hope he gets kicked out.

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to like him because he's one of the few sane Republicans left in this country, like how he stood up to the far-right asshats who threw a fit because he shook the President's hand and asked for federal aid after Hurricane Sandy.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure why anyone would think that is a big deal. Nobody had a problem with Louisiana asking for aid after Katrina. Granted Sandy wasn't as bad, but still pretty freaking bad.

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well a bunch of these conservatives think that churches and the Red Cross, which despite its close association with the federal government, is not federally funded, should be the ones to do anything in terms of disaster relief and feeding the hungry.

That and the whole obstructionism thing is why Republicans put up a fight against Sandy aid.

9. blueberrymuffin

It's still a remarkable improvement, considering their last nominee couldn't even look that veteran in the eyes, or do anything but seem horribly uncomfortable, when the vet brought up DADT. Then there was that whole bullying the gay kid thing.

10. biggayguy

That's nice...how BIG of him. Isn't he a compassionate republican? <end sarcasm> Give your hug to someone that really wants one from you. A photo-op hug is not a real hug.

11. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

So he subscribes to the Cheyney school of parenting. How nice.

Christie is an asshat! He only took the money from federal aid to get more votes from ALL NJ citizens in the next election. The GOP didn't want him to take the money because it made Obama look good and they would rather shoot themselves in the foot than allow that to happen. Christie just didn't want to be the GOP's foot. Still an asshat.

12. yidnah87

Christie is not accurately representing his constituents. Something like 60% of New Jersey residents support marriage equality. I remember him railing on Congress for playing politics rather than pass a relief bill for Sandy. It seems to me like Christie is now the one trying to build himself politically for a possible presidential run. If he were to favor marriage equality, there's no way he gets the Republican nomination in '16. On the other hand, if he didn't have plans for national politics, he would probably be in favor of marriage equality. If that were the case, it would have been made legal long ago in NJ.

13. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I disagree with Christie's stance on gay marriage, but I'd still vote for him if he runs for president, which he likely will.

14. Techno Kid

lol that is a good question! : |
    He seems to be out of touch with the rest of his state... and a bigot.

15. photoguy93

What we have to be careful about is that we can't alienate everyone, simply because they don't do EXACTLY what we want.

Hey, this is much better than another "gays devil worshipers and alien and horrific" kind of thing. I'd gladly deal with someone like him.

16. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Coming from a very conservative culture (Pakistani), he is not bad. At least he won't beat his child up, kill him or kick him out of his home. In my culture your asking for a death wish if you reveal your sexuality.

17. yidnah87

Plus he at least outlawed gay conversion therapy. I have to give him credit for that. However, it makes him a hypocrite as he continues to oppose marriage equality. He managed to piss off both sides (GOP w/therapy ban, Dems w/opposing marriage equality).

18. Jonathan

I take this as "I'm going to try to create the perception that I love you while at the same time taking away your rights and discriminating against who you are as a person." :rolle:

19. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People need to compromise to a certain extent. Unfortunately, there are far more concerning matters than simply gay marriage. The economy is in a bad state. We have high unemployment rate and the standard of living is falling. The government in many western nations are becoming authoritarian by increasing surveillance and outsourcing security related services to private enterprises that are not governed by domestic law. In addition we have these wars and political instability between countries.

Homosexuals in particular can be of target. Many people want to vent their frustration during these times and homosexuals are an easy target.

Of course I'm not advocating for people to simply give up their view political views permanently. It is best to put them aside and then push for them when the time is right.

20. Emberstone

no one wants to be hugged by that fat sweaty bag of hypocracy and farts.