1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Judge faces charges for illegally ordering a baby's name changed

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lu Ann Ballew, Judge Who Ordered Baby Messiah's Name Changed, Faces Charges

Meet Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew. When two parents appeared in her court in a dispute over baby Messiah's last name, the judge ordered his name be changed to Martin because "Messiah is a title that has only been earned by one person, and that is Jesus Christ."

A different judge threw out her ruling and the last name argument has since been dropped. The baby's legal name is now officially Messiah DeShawn McCullough.

Now that judge is in some deep water. The board that oversees judicial action in Tennessee has found that she ruled with "Inappropriate religious bias," and that this may not be the first time.

I honestly hope that asshat gets disbarred. I may not like the names people give their kids these days, but when your child's name gets changed because of a judge's religion, I take offense.

2. Emberstone

it should be noticed that jesus is not the only religious figure to be given that title. it is actually common, and interestingly enough, one of the first messianic religious figures basically is the one the entirety of jesus's story was based on: the egyption God Horus.

3. DrkRayne

I remember this. I am GLAD she is getting in trouble. yes!!!!!!

4. 2112

When someone names their kid Muhammad, no one cares. Someone decides to name their kid Messiah and people freak out because "only Jesus can be called the Messiah" :rolle: