1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News American Family Association says US military is being trained to use weapons on them

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by HuskyPup, Nov 1, 2013.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This group always seems to have something crazy up their sleeves. It's interesting to watch the right disintegrate into such paranoia, though.

Excerpt:

Full Story

2. Minamimoto_Fan

Re: American Family Association says US military is being trained to use weapons on t

Say whaaa-? The only reason that they'd have any form of a weapon pointed at them is if it was somebody acting on their own or if they start a violent riot/protest. I would feel sad for them for their baseless paranoia if it wasn't for the fact they destroyed any sympathy I would have had for them ages ago

3. Hexagon

Re: American Family Association says US military is being trained to use weapons on t

Why would that need training? I doubt they're any harder to kill that non-insane people.

Though from what I'm reading, it wouldn't be an entirely bad thing.

4. BiPenguin

Of course they are. The Government fears that they hold possession of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I read American Family Association and I knew that this was going to be something crazy..

6. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

AFA is a bunch of nutjobs.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

What's scary is that every Republican candidate, except Mitt Romney, met with their leader, Brian Fisher, on his radio show in the 2012 presidential election. As nutty as he is, he seems to have some influence, though one would hope that it's waning.

Then again the roster of candidates was pretty much a joke.

Herman Cain?
    Michelle Bachmann?
    Newt Gingrich?
    Rick Perry?
    Rick Santorum?

Why?

#7 HuskyPup, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  8. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

The AFA and Brian Fischer are literally batshit crazy, so nothing they says surprises me. Seriously, look up Brian Fischer and watch some of his shows on YouTube, calling him completely crazy is an understatement.

9. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Brian Fisher thinks about gay sex more than actual gay people do.

10. Beware Of You

He lives in a Delusion and somehow he has a Radio/TV show ? What a messed up world.

Same for Alex Jones and Glenn Beck

11. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Are they so paranoid and so self-important to think they're a special target of the military?

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think now that gays are allowed to serve, it's gotten their undies in a bunch...the mere idea that the US armed forces are tought not to discriminate and be tolerant has them all agitated. I also think the idea of these being the Biblical 'End Times' further clouds their 'reasoning'.

13. AKTodd

Also, let's not forget that as things like marriage equality and gays serving in the military become less and less of a deal (even here in Virginia some surveys are showing a majority of the population favors marriage equality), these groups become more and more irrelevant. And irrelevance is not a way to either survive or (more importantly) rake in lots of money to pay their no doubt quite generous salaries. It also doesn't really help with the serious business of getting off on your own power and stroking yourself heavily about how important you are.

All of which adds up to a need to make ever more outrageous statements to try and keep getting publicity and attention and most of all $$$MONEY$$$.

Todd

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

These idiots give real patriots and conspiracy watchers a bad name.

15. Lipstick Leuger

Further evidence they are ignorant asses.

16. Grimm

The government needn't worry. I doubt they could manage to count to three to use it properly. :icon_bigg

Personally, I just ignore everything these idiots say. I think anyone with half a brain knows they're full of shit, and anyone that agrees with them isn't worth my time, anyway.

17. Tim

Tim

Oh yes, those civilians. They're too tough to just shoot. We gotta teach you how.

18. nichison

I was going to try and make a joke about this, but i really can't make this any stupider than it already is.

19. palimpsest

My only concern with people like this is that they have incredible knee jerk reactions to everything. They are, from their perspective, convinced that they are loosing control of our culture. They are completely convinced that it is a God given right for them to own our culture. What the right fails to realize is that in linear political models, when the right goes to far it tends towards fascism, and we my EC friends, are their great gay scapegoats. I know it sounds funny, lunatic feeling even as I type it, but that's how I see the situation.

20. Adder

And that was the day any last remnants of sanity left the American Family Association, on the upside at least they have completely discredited themselves with that ridiculous statement :slight_smile: