1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Shooting at Las Angeles International Airport

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DMark69, Nov 1, 2013.

1. DMark69

2. blueberrymuffin

Guess someone was not a fan of airport security.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The security begins at the security checkpoints, and not before, so I guess he calculated that. I heard the shooter was only 23, from NJ, had a record, and had mental health issues. I'm sure we'll learn more.

We can't live our lives in fear. These events used to scare me more. Now, I just go wherever I want. We just don't know when our number is up. We all want to go peacefully, in our sleep, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule.

4. blueberrymuffin

I thought it's interesting he also had a ticket to fly.

Clearly the solution is metal detectors, strip searches, and gropings *before* where the first checkpoint was. Then another checkpoint before that, and so on.

5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    May the TSA member Rest in Peace.

6. marvin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Clearly the security is too lax.

7. photoguy93

First.....may the officer rest in peace. That would be a horrible way to die.

Second....this killer figured out how to make this happen. There was probably no way around.

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, he hadn't gotten through security.

Let us say this, though. Even if he had gotten through security, is that such a disgrace? Thousands upon thousands of people fly everyday, and this is one of the first times we are hearing this.

Not saying we are doing this here, but we have to stop bitching and saying "BUT IT IS SO WRONG THAT IT HAPPENED" and start saying "what happened?"

8. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're allowed to carry guns into airports up to the security checkpoint. You're allowed to travel with a firearm on board the aircraft if you're a uniformed law enforcement officer, federal air marshal, or up until a few years ago, a pilot who had met FAA certifications to carry guns on board (Which wasn't a good idea, considering a bullet could possibly pierce the airframe, causing a decompression).

In this case, the shooter said his goal was to "kill TSA."

As for the TSA, in my own opinion, everybody there should have to pass an intelligence test and actually have basic common sense or they're fired, and they need to completely write all-new screening procedures. Pat-downs, body scanners (aka digital strip searches), stealing from people's checked luggage, forcing a woman who'd had a mastectomy to remove her prosthetic breast in the middle of an airport, forcing a 95-year-old woman to remove her Depends, and spilling cremated ashes on the floor of an airport, are all proof positive in my opinion, that the only way to fix stupid is to kill it from the root.

9. GayNerd

R.I.P. TSA Officer

And, shootings are so stupid. There seems like no point in starting them. -.-

10. LILuke

My thoughts and prayers go out to that poor TSA agent and his family.