1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Methodist Pastor convicted for same-sex wedding

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Dragonbait, Nov 18, 2013.

1. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Remind me again why it's any of the congregation's business?

Heck the leadership was presumably OK with it if they're only just now getting involved.

2. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Before reading the article, I thought this was implying custodial sentencing which would've been dumbfounding. I didn't know there was such a thing as 'Church Law'. The whole institution makes me rather sick. This case is ridiculous, I don't see how something like this can be taken to court when Gay Marriage was (and still is) legal in Massachusetts at the time. Religion should have nothing to do with the law.

3. justjade

What. The. Fuck.

The church takes itself way too seriously.

4. I told her

I told her Guest

I am a United Methodist. This is so sad what happened to this Pastor. I read a pamphlet at my church that was in the pew. LGBT are welcome, but they are not really allowed to be members. I think I read that correctly. I was very active in my Church until I read this pamphlet. I am still a believer, but I don't go to church anymore.

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Remorse/repentance/apologies typically presuppose some kind of substantive trespass or damage to another person's well-being by the guilty party.

Tell me please, Mr. Boger, who did they hurt?