1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News Congressman Trey Radel (R-FL) sentenced for cocaine possession

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Nov 21, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Florida Rep. Trey Radel to Take Leave of Absence After Cocaine Charge - ABC News

On the coattails of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's cocaine issue, Florida Congressman Trey Radel was sentenced today to one year of probation and a $250 fine for buying $250 worth of cocaine from an undercover officer on October 29. This occurred on the same day that Radel voted with House Republicans to drug test every food stamp recipient in the United States of America.

Radel received a fairly light sentence, considering the maximum sentence for possession of cocaine in Washington, DC is 6 months in jail and a $1,000 fine. Radel announced he's taking a leave of absence to seek treatment and said that he's an alcoholic, but did not admit to a cocaine problem.

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Considering he wanted to make people pass drug tests for food stamps, I think he ought to forfeit his entire federal salary, in accordance with his views...

Fair, yeah?

3. It's funny how some politicians support this "war on drugs" but they end up being caught with drugs anyway.

It's sad that politicians go to rehab along with other rich snobs and the poor does a year or two for possession. Politicians should go to prison for possession, or everyone should get a chance to go to rehab.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Funny how he supported mandatory drug tests for all people receiving food stamps and welfare, but can't even stay clean himself. Bloody hypocrite.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I think he should lose his salary, lose his job, and not be eligible for any public office ever again. But that's assuming he follows the rules of mere mortals.

6. blueberrymuffin

Just like how the most homophobic were caught with "wide stance" in bathroom stalls, any time you declare war on human behavior, gonna shoot yourself in the foot eventually.

7. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when the Larry Craig scandal first broke, and I sooooo wish I'd been old enough to understand it. I did go visit that bathroom stall when I made a connection in Minneapolis last summer.

8. Emberstone

kind of like how the current govener of Florida, Rick Scott, pushed mandatory drug testing for food stamps and welfare because he owned the company that ultimately was contracted by his office to do it; he gets a cut off the state money on a program that ended up costing alot more than it saved. And on top of that, he rallys against medicare fraud, but another company he owned and was the CEO of commited 151 million dollars of medicare fraud.

what the hell is wrong with florida that these are the hypocritical, corrupt, criminal idiots they keep electing?

9. 2112

That's how politics works! It's not what they truly believe, it's what they believe will get them the most votes.