1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Christians churchs saying to to nativity due to anti gay bias?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Nov 28, 2013.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  2. DoriaN

People forget that the Law was not made for the righteous, but for the unrighteous. That the church is a place for welcome for all sinners, for some of us sin more than others, but whom is the judge of sin? Should we exclude those who are lost or dirty or confused or in wonder? Or do we accept only those who 'appear' clean and morally standing?

“Be careful,” Jesus said to them. “Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You know a religion has problems when they're having a petty squabble involving celebrating their savior's birth.

4. Incognito10

I read the article and the most profound statement is when it asks what Christmas is all about. Regardless of the other churches views on homosexuality, they can put them aside for the purpose of a nativity, I would think. Everything with politics and religion has to be so black or white/all or nothing, it seems. If people can't come together as community for an event, just because some people involved are gay, that reflects terrible on society. Based on what I read, no one was asking anyone to change their belief, just come together for an event. That would be tantamount to a church stating that they will not do a food drive with another church because the other church accepts gays--differences aside, you can still come together for common good.

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ditto.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Jesus were the pastor of a church, wouldn't he let in anybody who wished to celebrate with him?

7. edgy

edgy Guest

off one damn church... not all are like this one

8. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is really sad. I understand that the one church was concerned about the safety of some of the older members that is absolutely fine, safety first.

However, the other ones are not following through on what Jesus taught Christians to do. He taught us to love each other and Christmas is suppose to be a time of coming together through our difference not being pulled further apart. This tradition has been going on for 40+ years and it is going to be ended because people are too stubborn to love thy neighbor.

9. EscapeArtist

I think its important to note here that the news broadcast never came out and fully said, "controversy over gay pastor." They suggested the implications of the community, but I think it's important to remember that media can be bias and creative in leading the watcher. Meanwhile, of course this is malarkey. The fact that any church would negate tradition over a human right's issue that shouldn't even exist, is devastating. Happy Holiday's everyone.