1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Kidnapped for Christ documentary

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by sldanlm, Dec 14, 2013.

1. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    'Kidnapped For Christ,' Planned Documentary, Aims To Expose 'Ex-Gay' Experiences In Christian Reform Schools

The ironic thing about this story was that prior to going home for Thanksgiving I had a nightmare the night before, about getting kidnapped after I arrived, and shipped off to some conversion therapy place. It didn't help matters when my Dad met me at the airport and told me some preacher might be waiting at the house. I just wrote the nightmare off as me thinking about what happened to my 1st girlfriend, who got sent to conversion therapy against her will. She wasn't kidnapped though, she was 15 and was told she had to go because her parents were sending her, and she didn't have a right to refuse. Her's was in the U.S., but they still did things that were pretty bad. They weren't just religious
    zealots, they were getting paid to achieve results, real or not. She even had a male "therapist" tell her if she was real nice to him, and didn't tell anybody that he'd provide some "therapy" that wasn't part of the offical program.

For a while I felt so guilty that I didn't do more to stop it, but she later told me I didn't have anything to be sorry about. She was bound and detirmined to come out, and if I'd have come out with her we would've both been in hell, and then she would've felt guilty for putting me through that.

I had trouble watching the video due to a net connection problem on my end, so I don't know if any adults were allegedly kidnapped. I know if it would've actually happened to me someone would be prosecuted, even if it was only my parents.