1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News 'Kidnapped For Christ,' Planned Documentary, Aims To Expose 'Ex-Gay' Experiences In C

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Ticklish Fish, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

'Kidnapped For Christ,' Planned Documentary, Aims To Expose 'Ex-Gay' Experiences In Christian Reform Schools

This shit is still real

2. Doorway

Re: 'Kidnapped For Christ,' Planned Documentary, Aims To Expose 'Ex-Gay' Experiences

Oh. Dear. Lord. :eek::***:

3. biggayguy

Re: 'Kidnapped For Christ,' Planned Documentary, Aims To Expose 'Ex-Gay' Experiences

It's pure brain washing tactics. "Make the kids more malleable" with lots of physical labor and endless meetings. It still happens in private schools in the US. They just can't go so far to break a person's spirit. I feel sorry for those kids and angry that it still happens.

4. Doorway

Ugh, this is exactly what's wrong with religion, more specifically Christianity.

5. Ticklish Fish

isn't this child abuse? >_>

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

And this is why I'm still not coming out to my parents while i'm still living with them because i don't want this to happen to me . If they did this to me I would never speak to them again

7. HarryIsCute

I'm with you, not coming out to parents until I'm moved out is FINE with me.

8. chrisV

yes, but since it it outside the US, they technically dont have to follow our rules...

9. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Morally, hell yeah. Legally, not yet except in 2 states, and not even then if they send you out of state or out of the country. She was told that she could only leave after "they" decided that she was "cured". They officially didn't do anything illegal, except one of the male therapists would've been guilty of rape if she had taken him up on his offer to privately help her, and not tell anyone.

10. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family

None of this surprises me anymore. Nothing really does.

This is the first time I have wanted to watch a documentary. But I know they will never show it at my local theater because the owners have a bias, they showed an anti-obama propaganda movie during the re-election... So I'll never get to see it :frowning2:

11. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I was literally gonna post this sentence word for word but it seems you're a step ahead of me.

12. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Sorry for the screw up, and I don't know how to edit a post yet. The "she" I referred to was my first girlfriend, who was sent to a conversion therapy place in the U.S. about 12 years ago. I came very close to getting sent there myself, although I'm not sure they would've allowed us to have any contact with each other. The kids were watched all the time, no contact with the outside world, no cell phones, and the TV mostly showed religious programming. Quiting or not following the program wasn't an option for those kids. They did have a high success rate in getting people to pretend they were cured, at least for as long as it took to get out of there. I guess the people who profit from this decided it'd be safer for them to take their act out of the country.

13. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I don't really see Jesus getting down wit the whole human trafficking thin, but then again I've never met the guy.

14. Doorway

He did cure a blind man once, but not a gay.

15. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Far as I'm aware he wasn't a fan of bigotry or human trafficking but I don't recall any daring commando raids planned or participated in by him to stop either crime.