1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Homeless Trans Woman Andrea Quintero's Funeral Held By Jesuits at 'Church Of Francis'

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here.

2. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: Homeless Trans Woman Andrea Quintero's Funeral Held By Jesuits at 'Church Of Fran

I feel so bad for her.

I hate it when people start saying OH WE SHOULD HELP PEOPLE AND CARE FOR THEM BLA BLA BLA once they are dead. It's a bit too late for that isn't it? >.>

The police should have caught the killer by now.

3. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

Re: Homeless Trans Woman Andrea Quintero's Funeral Held By Jesuits at 'Church Of Fran

There isn't really anything the police can do at this point. There is nobody to ask to find out if she had people threatening her, because nobody knows that information. It doesn't seem there were any witnesses to point the police towards a suspect. The chances of incriminating physical evidence that could be used to search for the killer is slim to nil. DNA is unlikely from a beating, and is useless without a suspect for comparison to. This is America, so CCTV doesn't exist. What is there the police can do to find the perpetrator? As far as I can tell, they have no way to do that. With this sort of crime, that's usually what happens in the end. Chances are there will never be an arrest, and not because of any fault on the part of the police.

4. Daydream Harp

:frowning2:

5. Techno Kid

This stuff needs to stop! :frowning2:

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Aw, not again!
    Pity we can't do anything about it.

7. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

This crime took place in Rome, Italy, not America.

At Termini Station, a place I spent a lot of time at for school, since there is a fair bit of archaeological evidence (ancient wall remains) running along and even within the station. Creepy to think about something horrible like this happening there. I remember having to always be alert for petty crime (pickpockets) in and around the train station, but a beating and murder like this is shocking.

Anyway it's not surprising that if any church was going to step forward to organize a funeral for this woman, it would be a Jesuit church. Fleeting moments like this can at least give me some pride in my eight years of Jesuit education, despite the severe flaws of the Catholic Church as a whole. So I will give credit where credit is due for the apparent act of compassion by the Jesuits and Francis in stepping forward to hold a funeral for the victim in the Church of the Gesù. The symbolic message at least is pretty huge to hold a funeral in the magnificent mother church of the global Jesuit order, to which Pope Francis belongs, for a homeless beaten transwoman who appears to have been rejected by family, friends, and every other level of society both in life and in death.

Now here's to hoping that the murderers responsible for this crime will be brought to justice.

8. Kamina

I was happy to hear about Pope Francis. I'm not cathloic by choice, but my family still is and the last pope did so much more harm than good for the image of catholisim. Its nice to see the pope saying we need to stop preaching against abortion, homosexuality, and birthcontrol, and focus on more pressing issues like poverty or acceptance. This is just another example of how much more modern, accepting, and Catholic, he is. After all aren't catholics supposed to act as jesus did and go DO good in the world?

This was not a trans woman who need a funeral. This was a woman who was beaten to death and rejected by her family and society. She deserved a proper funeral and I'm proud that Pope Francis stepped up and gave it to her.