1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Green Bay Packer QB Aaron Rogers potentially gay??

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pat, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Pat

Pat

Read a story not that long ago revolving around Packers QB Aaron Rogers and his ex-roomate, a guy named Kevin Lanflisi. Anyways, I typically despise the witch-hunt aspects of LGBT in America, but I figured if there were any sports fans here, could be debatable. I pose a question overall... In your personal experiences, are bromances really distinguishable from an actual emotional/physical attraction to one another???

Article and facts, if anyone's interested.

Kevin Lanflisi: Aaron Rodgers' Boyfriend? Or Former Roommate and Assistant? - The Hollywood Gossip

Aaron Rogers has refuted being gay during an interview recently. And is apparently in a committed relationship with a woman. I do find some of the instances between these fellows a bit.... out there, but that's just me.

2. Foxface

my favorite QB ever...I hate the rumors, but would be amazing if true

Foxface

3. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Realllllllly???

Unfortunately a large segment of the NFL fanbase would constantly berate him for that. Still... well I guess it would only be awesome if he came out on his terms (assuming he's in at all).

4. Pat

Pat

I'll add that it would be extremely tough for a star, starting quarterback in the NFL to be the first to come out.. He could be worried about the negative backlash..

5. AlamoCity

I was suspicious about him when he stated in an interview what he was searching for in a center's butt. You see, quarterbacks put their hands under the center's butt/crotch to take the snap (get the football) when not in shotgun (when they line up a few yards away from center).

I just felt that he was too descriptive LOL, though if not, he was just messing around with the reporters.

Aaron Rodgers talks about what he’s looking for in a center’s buttocks

6. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If he's gay he should come out on his own terms . and what's up with these witch hunts if someone doesn't want to tell you their gay, bisexual or lesbian it's their business they don't owe you to come out . I don't even think their doing this to help the kids and adults in the closets anymore

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, a year ago, now retired Ravens CB Brandon Ayanbadejo (Straight Ally) said that he got into contact with four gay NFL players and that they had planned to come out all as one this last summer, but the plan fell awry. If there are four gay players, there's at least the slim chance one of them is a primetime name and not just a benchwarmer. I hate speculating, though... let them come out in their own time.

8. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The fact that he actually brought up the rumors without being prompted by the reporter and then publicly denied said rumors is interesting. Had he stayed mum about it, it would never have reached this level of public awareness and would have zero credibility. If his goal was to stay in the closet and shoot down gossip, he's probably achieved the opposite. I'm not gonna lie--it would be so amazing if he were gay, but I understand he'd be in a very difficult position if that were the case.

9. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah him saying that doesn't really kill the rumors, it sort of just gives them more strength. Either way, I agree with everyone saying he should come out on his own terms and shouldn't feel pressured into it if he is indeed gay.

Though, I know this might be selfish, I do hope a NFL player does come out sooner than later.

10. Pat

Pat

Well, as we all know.. society is just now catching up to speed with what we would sometimes consider, "gaydar" or the concept that a man engaged in a relationship with a woman can be gay -- referencing free agent NBA player Jason Collins who was actually engaged to a woman for a while. All I have is my own experiences. It took me a long time to even know I was gay because I had always hooked up with friends growing up.. it wasn't until I was 18 that I noticed I had this emotional aspect to it. I just find it interesting that the girl is longterm, yet.. he never takes her out to any of his events.. opting to take this Kevin guy. But yes, I agree.. him acknowledging the rumors at all was a mistake, but I think it was done because he could tell that Kevin guy was getting a little antsy on twitter with his posts.. My mind is wired differently though. I haven't had too many healthy relationships with other guys. So when I hear that two dudes live together for more than four years.. I find it hard to believe they haven't had some sort of sexual encounter. Especially when both guys are well off financially..and have the ability to live on their own.

#10 Pat, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  11. MatthewJS

Aaron Rodgers kinda look like my 7th/8th grade social studies' teacher.

12. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOL! I just read that. He's looking for a good "butt height". :roflmao:

13. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It would be cool if he is gay and comes out and continues to play as long as he wants, hopefully with the Packers and wins another Super Bowl. Maybe it would open the minds of some people in Wisconsin and elsewhere. No matter what he should have privacy and live his private life on his own terms and of course beat San Fran this weekend! :thumbsup:

14. Aces88

Out Status:
    Family only
    As a huge GB packers fan, I don't know what I believe about Rodgers, but part of be hopes he is, though I appreciate the difficult position he would be in. It's just that everybody here loves Aaron Rodgers, his ability on the field as well as who he is as a person. Wisconsin is an island, surrounded by equal rights states. If somebody like Aaron Rodgers came out, maybe it would open some eyes.

15. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He explicitly denied the rumors that he's gay, and pointed out that he has a girlfriend. In his own words, "I really, really, really like women."

16. biggayguy

Mostly it's retired NFL players that come out. It would be cool if some active players were out. I wonder if it was a gay player that suggested wearing pink for breast cancer?

17. Jeph

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Really? Methinks he doth protest too much. Let's see how quickly he comes out publicly with a girlfriend (photos and all) to quash these rumors. Of course, it could be a fake girlfriend like Manti Te'o's. :lol:

18. Pat

Pat

I don't put a lot of stock in a man saying he really, really, really likes women. Lol. There's really no way out of the gay witch hunt other than to ignore it.. In the same interview, he goes on to say that he feels like his personal life should remain personal and that professional life is professional. I agree with that statement, but it's damn near impossible when you're a celebrity.. or celebrity status. I know a lot of guys who really really like women, and really liked hooking up with me too haha. The other option is to just embrace the concept, like James Franco did. In a sarcastic spin off. Which was deemed respectful. It's just hard for a straight dude to say he's straight without sounding homophobic. I think he did a good job, but still one where there's speculation, unfortunately. The only thing that would reeeeeally help him would be if the guy comes out and says they weren't together.

19. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If this is true, he'll be my second-favorite QB (sorry, but nobody is knocking Tom Brady off the top of this Pats fan's list)

20. photoguy93

In the interview, didn't he say that he wasn't gay, and that he really really likes women?

We should all know this...but being gay isn't the only orientation! :slight_smile:

Seriously, it's just suspect. He's a pro athlete - why the heck does he need a roommate? And this guy.....I don't feel like the usual "faker" thing is going on. I really feel like this is a scorned lover and it isn't about just making shit up.

He's also trying to deny it - which translates to "I don't want to come out."

Look, I totally understand things are personal. I do - everyone needs privacy. However, I also know that when you're in the public eye, people have questions.