1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Utah Conservatives Plan to Overthrow Government Over SSM.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BryanM, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Full story here: Utah Homophobes Plan Uprising Over Gay Marriage (Video) | Progressive Populist

Anyone who tries/d to stop the clerks will be committing a Class A Misdemeanor for failing to adhere to a court order. Also, if any sheriff tries to overthrow the government to stop SSM, they should be tried for treason.

2. blueberrymuffin

Even a threat like that is treason really. Time to bring in marshall law to utah i guess.

3. Bibliophile

You might want to look up the definition of the word treason in the constitution before you openly call for such a serious charge. And martial law? Are you kidding me? You have not a single clue about the ramifications of such an action.
    The people calling for this are morons and full of hot air and misinformation. Lets try not to sink ourselves to that level.

4. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any threat (no matter how idiotic) to try to overthrow the government through rebellion = treason.

5. Bibliophile

Ummm NO. Please try again: ( a threat is not levying war or giving aid to her enemies)
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
    Article Three of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. BlueModern

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I lol'd pretty bad at that one...

7. Daydream Harp

So much stupid, my brain hurts

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    [​IMG]

?

In serious though Sheriff Pepper over there makes it sound he doesn't believe the state of Utah has any gay people in it.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If local and state law trumped federal law, we'd be called the Confederate States of America. That's the most basic definition of a confederacy.

10. AlamoCity

I watched the video.

Is it just me, or whenever someone makes an argument against gay rights in general and uses the phrase, "shove it down are throats," I chuckle and wonder if they see the irony in using that phrase?

11. Zannan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not just you. Yes because insisting gay marriage is immoral, lack of sex education, ex-gay therapy, religious bashing is not shoving your heterosexual agenda down our throats in any way.

No offense to heterosexuals who don't do this.

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Because they're the kind of people who think Tom Clancy novels and Team America are accurate reflections of real life. Hence they believe everything to be a conspiracy orchestrated by an evil Russian Muslim to undermine and overthrow truth; justice and the American way.

As far as they're concerned it's still Christmas Day 1991.

14. nichison

A sick part of me hopes they do try to revolt, just to watch the world become a better place when a couple of Blackhawk helicopters swoop down with machine guns and kill all of them.

15. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are they aware that a coup d'état is in fact treason and illegal?

There's a difference between an oppressed group revolting and a powerful group having a tantrum on a monumental scale.

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2014 at 07:08 PM ----------

They are literally preparing a coup d'état because we are getting equal rights to them

Revolts kill people. They are breaking their own laws because they've allowed an oppressed group to have rights.

They are literally prepared to kill and install a dictatorship in opposition to our rights

And you think we should care about them.

16. nichison

There are places in this world where gay people are put to death. To DEATH. Some of these people want that. If someone wishes death on me, then you can bet your ass i wish death on them. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. And I swear to every god ever worshipped, if they conduct an armed revolt because we are gaining equal rights, something we should have in the first place, then I would not feel an ounce of remorse or sadness if they got killed in the process of somethng they started.

17. Bibliophile

First of all there is a MASSIVE difference between not caring and wishing death upon someone. You see if I dont care about a person or event its is beyond my notice. Not worth my mental energy. To wish death upon someone is to hate it. I hate a persons actions, and words but never them unless they have directly wronged ME. As in went and did something to ME personally.
    Secondly from what I read they are talking about a useless political revolt that just shows their ignorance and will expend political clout that they might have used elsewhere to greater effect. By making themselves look looney they may just be doing us a favor. Also they have not broken a single law that I could find in the link

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2014 at 01:21 AM ----------

Yes there are places this has and is happening. Its terrible and sad. However if anyone reads the link all they whine about is getting nosy a useless and like loosing battle that will waste their energy. Hardly the type of thing to wish someone harm. In my eyes its not one ounce better then the religious people that tell us we are going to hell. If we keep sinking to their level all we do is give them the ammo they need to keep bigoted laws in place. Ghandi and MLK didnt win by being dirty as their opponents they won with class and kindness. Now I am not either of them but if we want to win this thing in the hearts and minds of the general public I think they might be a good place to look for guidance.

18. nichison

[/COLOR]
    And I actually agree with you here. Violence SHOULD be a last resort. But if they actually start an armed revolt, class and kindness are not going to do anything. I dont want any of these people to die if they dont try to revolt or hurt others. If they do though, then in my eyes at least, they deserve every bullet.

19. Bibliophile

If they openly tried to take over a state government with violence well their fate would be in their own hands at that point as they are not doing it for any legitimate reason. They are in fact doing to in violation of their state and federal constitution which some of them have sworn to uphold just like I did.
    However if you READ what was posted that is not what they are advocating at all. At least not that I can see. They are talking a political revolt which is well within their rights to attempt even if I dont agree with their reasons.

20. nichison

And I actually agree with you here. Violence SHOULD be a last resort. But if they actually start an armed revolt, class and kindness are not going to do anything. I dont want any of these people to die if they dont try to revolt or hurt others. If they do though, then in my eyes at least, they deserve every bullet.[/QUOTE]

If they openly tried to take over a state government with violence well their fate would be in their own hands at that point as they are not doing it for any legitimate reason. They are in fact doing to in violation of their state and federal constitution which some of them have sworn to uphold just like I did.
    However if you READ what was posted that is not what they are advocating at all. At least not that I can see. They are talking a political revolt which is well within their rights to attempt even if I dont agree with their reasons.[/QUOTE]

Please point to me the place in that article where it says political revolt. I didn't see it, I even re-read the article twice. I see the word "uprising" not political revolt. I didnt even see the word political in that article.

By the way please excuse the messed up quote boxes im running this on a tablet and im not good at it.

#20 nichison, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014