1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Katie Couric interviews Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DhammaGamer, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DhammaGamer

Katie Couric Talks With Carmen Carrera and Laverne Cox: WATCHNewNowNext

I was very put off by her questioning of their surgeries and their genital surgeries in particular. I was also incredibly offended by her statement to Carrera at 1:15 "When you were on Drag Race and still a man"... gah! Not to mention the little heading under her face "Carmen Carrera: Transgender Model"

So much to be pissed about. Luckily these women are fucking amazing, and they kept their cool the entire time. Cox especially was incredibly lucid with her explanation for why it is inappropriate to focus attention on trans bodies instead of the daily issues trans people face in this country.

A good couple of clips.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was put off by her questioning of that guy on the Notre Dame football team, too. She didn't get good ratings when she was the main anchor on one of the network channels' main news slots in the evening. I guess that's why she has a more Oprah-like show now. A lot of these pop interview shows are kind of hard to watch because the hosts trespass boundaries for low news value but high shock value.