1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Texas GOP wants to limite marriage recognition

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by DrkRayne, Jan 10, 2014.

1. DrkRayne

GOP Congressman Introduces Bill Limiting Recognition Of Gay Marriage

This guy wants to make the federal government not recognize gay marriages for lgbt people in states where gay marriage is banned. So although you are married in NY, if you move to Texas, suddenly the Federal government doesnt recognize your marriage anymore. For taxes, ssn, or anything.

How can he think this is okay? Thats the state telling the Federal govt what to do.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh Texas why are you so close minded

3. Minamimoto_Fan

So much for a "small" government not forcing their values onto you. Quite ironic, no? How they complain about governmental process getting in places they shouldn't, then they turn around and do the same thing. Then again, these are politicians, so if they were doing the right thing, hell would probably freeze over

4. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In short, let him scream til he foams at the mouth. The Supreme Court has already ruled on this saying the federal government has no right to restrict marriage to heterosexuals. Also, let's use your example DrkRayne. How could this be applied? The theoretical couple would have a NY marriage license, where the hell does Texas get off telling NY what to do? Not to mention the tax laws this would mess with. He (should) know this will go nowhere. Everything he's doing boils down to him saying: "Look, my fellow(and I'm counting on stupid) Texans! I'm against gays! Give me all your votes( read: money)!

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is coming from the state that is trying to force a legally-dead woman to be kept on life support, against her end-of-life wishes, to deliver the baby she was pregnant with when she entered a vegetative state. And this is coming from the party that wants no government involvement in health care or health care decisions. The hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

6. 70th City

This is the kind of thing I'd expect from a crazy Texan congressman. Trying to enforce his opinions on the federal government when it's legally impossible. Bark all you want, sir, but no one's gonna take you seriously, because what you want ain't gonna happen.

7. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. blueberrymuffin

Um this is exactly what DOMA was struck down for. The states cannot put any limitations on federal recognition of marriage. So if it passed they would just get sued and promptly lose.

9. Tim

Tim

The ruling SCOTUS made on DOMA was very specific on federal recognition of same-sex marriages.

How dumb can this guy get?

10. bitheway7

Ahahahahahahaha this guy is so hilarious. I can't believe people take him seriously.

11. TheGuardian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wonder sometimes how much the heterosexual populace would shrink in America if everyone in the closet suddenly jumped out.

12. Lipstick Leuger

Interacial marriage all over again........Don't worry folks, it won't work and will barely stop anything. It will be legal in less than a decade in all 50 states. No stopping it now!